Tuesday, July 29 game thread

clujer420

Just wanted to be the one to start the thread for today's game. We've got Mark Buehrle on the hill going against Darrell May. Looks good for us on paper, but May is actually having a very good season. His ERA is 3.33, which ranks him 8th in the AL, and a WHIP of 1.19. Buehrle comes into the game with a 4.21 ERA and a WHIP of 1.38, but as we all know that has come down quite a bit over the last month and a half. May is a lefty, so that would seem to favor us (we hit .272 vs. lefties, as opposed to .244 vs. righties). But, as they say, you've gotta play the game.

:bringit KC.

BTW, this is the newest "most important" series of the season. :D

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

May is a lefty, so that would seem to favor us (we hit .272 vs. lefties, as opposed to .244 vs. righties).  But, as they say, you've gotta play the game.

I finally found our record for lefties, and I've gotta say, I was shocked. We actually have a LOSING record against lefties, and a winning record against righties (15-17 and 39-34, respectively). KC, on the other hand, has much better success vs. lefties (20-13 vs. 37-33).

It doesn't make sense that we have a BA of almost 30 points higher vs. lefties, yet we have a worse record vs. lefties as opposed to righties. Anyone have an answer to that?

I finally found our record for lefties, and I've gotta say, I was shocked.  We actually have a LOSING record against lefties, and a winning record against righties (15-17 and 39-34, respectively).  KC, on the other hand, has much better success vs. lefties (20-13 vs. 37-33). 

It doesn't make sense that we have a BA of almost 30 points higher vs. lefties, yet we have a worse record vs. lefties as opposed to righties.  Anyone have an answer to that?

Interesting...

But Sunday we beat a LH and destroyed him, i hope this happens again.

I finally found our record for lefties, and I've gotta say, I was shocked.  We actually have a LOSING record against lefties, and a winning record against righties (15-17 and 39-34, respectively).  KC, on the other hand, has much better success vs. lefties (20-13 vs. 37-33). 

It doesn't make sense that we have a BA of almost 30 points higher vs. lefties, yet we have a worse record vs. lefties as opposed to righties.  Anyone have an answer to that?

It'd be an even higher average if Jose didn't have any starts against lefthanders

I wouldnt look into those stats too much. Its coincidence most of the time, like our starting pitcher pitches a bad game while we score alotta runs, but we still lose the game.

I wouldnt look into those stats too much. Its coincidence most of the time, like our starting pitcher pitches a bad game while we score alotta runs, but we still lose the game.

I'd buy that if we were in May or June, but we're almost to August. I think a 32 game sample vs. lefties is plenty.

Chi White Sox 
 AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg  
T. Graffanino ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .264  
R. Alomar 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .304  
F. Thomas dh 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .277  
M. Ordonez rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .317  
C. Lee lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .268  
C. Everett cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .267  
P. Konerko 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .211  
J. Crede 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .226  
S. Alomar Jr. c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .263  
Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0   

Kansas City 
 AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg  
A. Guiel rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .291  
J. Randa 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .247  
C. Beltran cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .297  
K. Harvey 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .259  
R. Ibanez dh 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .289  
A. Berroa ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .289  
M. Tucker lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .264  
D. Relaford 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .280  
B. Mayne c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .252

Hey, whattya know...Rowand has another good game, then he's back on the bench so that Everett who hits switch whenever he wants to can play...JM, you're a f***ing moron.

Why is Graf leading off? Alomar has been doing a great job in the leadoff spot. Why mess with the line-up like this? I hate Manuel and his tinkering ass. He should have kept Alomar and Lee at #1 and 2, and put Graf at # 7 or 8.

I dont know the percentages, but Everett might have better success against left handers or more luck off May. Regardless I think this lineup is stacked.  Im glad Sandy is getting another chance to start, hes been good at the plate.

Everett = .247 vs. lefties, and 1 for 2 this year vs. May

Rowand = .293 vs. lefties, and has 3 HR in his career vs. May, with a SLG of over 2.000.

This move makes no sense, but maybe JM knows something we don't. :huh:

I dont know the percentages, but Everett might have better success against left handers or more luck off May.

I don't think Everett could be better than Rowand off Mays because according to upnorthsox Rowand is 3 for 7 with 3 HR's, 5 RBI and a 2.214 OPS vs May.