GAME THREAD: 4/10 Twinkies vs Sox - 12:05pm cdt CSN+, Baker vs Garcia

chisox2334

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
Telling it like it is? So at no point this season were we expected to lose 4 of 5?

Not sure what you're getting at. Every team goes through tough stretches. Thats the nature of a 162 game season.

However, the people saying that they are done with the team after 5 games...well, I'm not sad to see them go.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
I really want to keep note of this gamethread because in a couple weeks its really possible everyone in here will have changed their tune completely.

Once we balance out with some hits to bring the team's BABIP up to a normal level, this team will hit a winning streak, and game threads will be 1/2 as long. Then it'll hit another skid, and there will be multiple threads calling for Walker's head.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
Not sure what you're getting at. Every team goes through tough stretches. Thats the nature of a 162 game season.

However, the people saying that they are done with the team after 5 games...well, I'm not sad to see them go.

My fault. I read your last post wrong.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
I think Pierre playing every day is an out machine.

Pods while a bad defender was a hit machine.

A hit machine? The last year Podsednik had a better batting average than Pierre was 2005.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
I think Pierre playing every day is an out machine.

Pods while a bad defender was a hit machine.

You've seemingly lost your mind. Pierre has a .300 career average. Pods has a .277 career average.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Pierre had 380 at bats last year and 375 the year before. I hope Oz has a similar bat load planned for Juan.

Podsednik had 376 at bats combined in 2007 and 2008.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
My final post of the thread: Not bringing Pods into the equation. You guys aren't really excited about Pierre being our new leadoff guy are you?

Not really. But he's not as bad as he's shown thus far. And he's clearly better than Podsednik.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
My final post of the thread: Not bringing Pods into the equation. You guys aren't really excited about Pierre being our new leadoff guy are you?

Excited? No. Could he be an adequate cog in an average offense? Sure. Would I rather have Podsednik getting thrown out every time he gets to 1b? No.

One thing that really bothers me about Pierre so far is his running. Specifically, the lack of it. If he's not able to run, then he doesn't belong leading off.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Excited? No. Could he be an adequate cog in an average offense? Sure. Would I rather have Podsednik getting thrown out every time he gets to 1b? No.

One thing that really bothers me about Pierre so far is his running. Specifically, the lack of it. If he's not able to run, then he doesn't belong leading off.

If he's not able to run he doesn't belong in the major leagues.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
If he's not able to run he doesn't belong in the major leagues.

If you can hit .300, you belong in the bigs. The thing is, he'd be much better as a #9 hitter than a #1 hitter.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
If you can hit .300, you belong in the bigs. The thing is, he'd be much better as a #9 hitter than a #1 hitter.

It's a useless .300 if he can't run, as he has zero extra base power and doesn't draw walks. But I guess the 9-hole would suit him. But we know that's not happening.

This team flat out stinks, it's plan and simple.

Vizquel can't hit any more, Jones is done, Pierre couldn't pay his way on base, Teahen is just garbage, Beckman will probably have a sophomore slump, Kotasy is a waste of a roster spot, both Alex's are way too inconsistent, we over value TCQ after only having one decent year and Paulie is an aging bat.

We don't have much to rely on here....

Edited by AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
Vizquel can't hit any more

Anymore? He could never hit. Vizquel should be nothing more for this team then a mentor for Beckham, Alexei and Nix and an occasional defensive replacement for the late innings. There's no reason he should have started yesterday.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
Anymore? He could never hit. Vizquel should be nothing more for this team then a mentor for Beckham, Alexei and Nix and an occasional defensive replacement for the late innings. There's no reason he should have started yesterday.

Totally false. But, yeah, he sucks now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
Totally false. But, yeah, he sucks now.

I'll correct myself. He could never hit, that well. I think that's fair. He's just always been an elite defender, never a great hitter. But yeah, it was wrong for me to speak in absolutes.