GAME THREAD: 4/10 Twinkies vs Sox - 12:05pm cdt CSN+, Baker vs Garcia

chisox2334

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
Rauch is going to get his ass kicked. We've nearly tied the game off him twice now. If we didn't have such bad luck and such a bad offense, he would have blown at least one of these saves.

Again same as last night 2 saves.........2 chances make all the excuses you want he has done his job unlike the Sox!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How could they sit there with a straight face and say, 'Let's let Dye and Thome go' and we'll play small ball with great hitters and grinders like Kotsay and Mark Teahen and Omar Vizquel and ....."

Fire everybody soon.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
There is no reason to hit the panic button, the pitching has been outstanding.

This is the 5th game, or the equivalent of 3% of the season.

If the Sox were winning games 10-1, I wouldnt be saying that this was the best offense, just like now Im not saying they are the worst offense.

Why?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
I actually heard a story last night from a pretty reliable source that Jim Thome doesn't have KW on his Christmas card list.

KW wants all the credit and NONE of the blame his job performance has been underwhelming for 4 years running now!

There is no reason to hit the panic button, the pitching has been outstanding.

This is the 5th game, or the equivalent of 3% of the season.

If the Sox were winning games 10-1, I wouldnt be saying that this was the best offense, just like now Im not saying they are the worst offense.

But Badger, now that these guys have taken the field, hasn't reality set in?

Pitching is great. But the lineup is an opposing pitcher's fantasy.

Dream all you want how we could be better on the road. It doesn't work that way. .500 road trips are good ones.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
I love our pitching staff. . . but this offense makes me sick. . . So far this rotating DH thing has been an absolute failure. How long before KW makes a deal?

Maybe its too early to panic but we can easily be 5-0 right now.

I believe they have held the lead in every game. Even with their horrible hitting, they are still right there. They'll be alright once they pick up another bat.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Because I think over 162 games the stats are going to even out.

I doubt that at the end of the season the Sox are the lowest scoring offense in the AL.

If the stats even out, then we can't expect this type of pitching the entire year either. While the offense will get better, we are losing games where the starters are giving up 3 or less runs. That can't stay consistent all season either.

Reality set in?

Its been 5 games, Im sorry but thats an abysmal sample.

To put in perspective:

It would be 2.5 games of a basketball or hockey season.

It would be half a game of a football season.

You just cant jump to conclusions this quickly, especially in baseball.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
KW wants all the credit and NONE of the blame his job performance has been underwhelming for 4 years running now!

KW got us Peavy, Danks, Floyd, Quentin, Rios, Ramirez, A.J., and Thornton among others. I don't think we're in the position to be b****ing about his job performance. Especially, in a season where he gave Ozzie most of the say over how the offseason went.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
I believe they have held the lead in every game. Even with their horrible hitting, they are still right there. They'll be alright once they pick up another bat.

Frankly, even without an extra bat, they should be better than the crap they've been the first week.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
Reality set in?

To put in perspective:

I get it but the reality is it is NOT going to get a hell of alot better the pitching will get hammered later on and Sox lose a bunch of 7-6 and 9-8 games I am not all the hopeful right now!

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
KW got us Peavy, Danks, Floyd, Quentin, Rios, Ramirez, A.J., and Thornton among others. I don't think we're in the position to be b****ing about his job performance. Especially, in a season where he gave Ozzie most of the say over how the offseason went.

Its not KWs job to take orders from Ozzie, it doesn't matter if he got everyone Ozzie wanted its still gonna be his fault as well because his job is to get the players weather they are the players he wants or the players the manager told him he wants..

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)

you are right. . and as KW said before "there is something that we are going to see that isn't here right now" Not sure what that means. . but im assuming thats another bat to insert into our lineup.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
Reality set in?

To put in perspective:

This is true. A week from now its almost a lock that some of the things we are fretting about we will be quite happy with and some of the encouraging things we see we will be fretting about.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
I get it but the reality is it is NOT going to get a hell of alot better the pitching will get hammered later on and Sox lose a bunch of 7-6 and 9-8 games I am not all the hopeful right now!

You know...that's my one big concern - that the Sox have one of those years where when the pitching is on, the hitting is awful...and when the hitting is on, the pitching is awful.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)

And how is that going so far 1-4!

Then dont watch the games.

Ill put my reputation on the line that the White Sox will not finish the season with a .148 batting average.

Now their pitching will regress to the mean, but going from a 2.5 era to say a 3.25-3.5 is still going to make them a great team if they even have below average hitting.

Reality set in?

To put in perspective:

I'm just very down because these are teams in our division, it's early April and we should not be 1-4 at home. And it is alarming that Minnesota has this kind of record on the road.

Also, so many guys on our team in my mind are washed up offensively that I don't see much room for optimism offensively.

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Its not KWs job to take orders from Ozzie, it doesn't matter if he got everyone Ozzie wanted its still gonna be his fault as well because his job is to get the players weather they are the players he wants or the players the manager told him he wants..

It's KW's job to work with Ozzie to form the team. That means compromise. KW gave Ozzie way to much leeway this offseason. That's his biggest mistake.

Maybe Kenny needs to hire a psychologist for the team. I find it funny that according to Ozzie they are pressing from day one. Swing for the home run. Well if thats the case, then this team is going to have their balls in a twist come august when there is real pressure. Evaluating the mental makeup of the players we pick up needs to be addressed. Week one, and they are pressing and are lost. Give me a break.