GAME THREAD: 4/10 Twinkies vs Sox - 12:05pm cdt CSN+, Baker vs Garcia

chisox2334

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
Ill put my reputation on the line that the White Sox will not finish the season with a .148 batting average.

Theres just no way that happens, the bats will pick up at some point

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
I never said things were going great. I said it's too soon to b**** about a guy that brought in everything thing that's good about the current lineup.

You have your opinion I have mine, I want nothing more than this team to win 10 in a row but what has been constructed by KW and OG is not working!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
I'm just very down because these are teams in our division, it's early April and we should not be 1-4 at home. And it is alarming that Minnesota has this kind of record on the road.

Also, so many guys on our team in my mind are washed up offensively that I don't see much room for optimism offensively.

It doesn't matter that they are in our division. If you hit like we have, you won't beat any teams in any division.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Again same as last night 2 saves.........2 chances make all the excuses you want he has done his job unlike the Sox!

Have you seen his pitches? Put a good team up against this guy and he's going to blow his fair share of saves.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
You have your opinion I have mine, I want nothing more than this team to win 10 in a row but what has been constructed by KW and OG is not working!

I'm not happy either. In fact, I’m f***ing pissed at Ozzie both for his in-game decision making, his lineups, and his attitude off the field. I will, however, stick up for Kenny because I believe firmly that he's one of the better GM's in the league. He has his faults, some of them being displayed currently, but he doesn’t deserve all the blame.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Keep Walker all year and all bets are off!

haha even if Walker is terrible there is absolutely no chance this team hits under .200 for a season.. no way..

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
Have you seen his pitches? Put a good team up against this guy and he's going to blow his fair share of saves.

Yeah he got 4 saves now 2 against Sox and 2 against Angels who I think are very good!

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
It's KW's job to work with Ozzie to form the team. That means compromise. KW gave Ozzie way to much leeway this offseason. That's his biggest mistake.

KW is Ozzie's boss. If he just does what Ozzie says, JR could save some money and eliminate the middle man. If the roster is the problem, that's on KW.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
KW is Ozzie's boss. If he just does what Ozzie says, JR could save some money and eliminate the middle man. If the roster is the problem, that's on KW.

Exactly, it doesn't matter if the players are Ozzies, KWs, or a compromise it ultimately will be on KW if the players suck..

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)

I put the lack of a DH on Ozzie, and I think that’ one of our bigger problems. KW constructed a pretty good bench; we just shouldn’t let Ozzie be using them as starters.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
I put the lack of a DH on Ozzie, and I think that’ one of our bigger problems. KW constructed a pretty good bench; we just shouldn’t let Ozzie be using them as starters.

It cant be on Ozzie though, because KW has the authority to say "Im sorry, thats a terrible idea" and do something about it..

It's Kenny's fault we have Teahen though. Slow start notwithstanding, he's average at best.

Moving Beckham to second was also a dumb idea. He was becoming a very good third baseman.

Also whether Dye and Thome are finished or not, it should have been easy to see that we needed a reliable big bopper to go with Paulie and CQ.

Also, the Juan Pierre love was not good.

I never thought we'd get Damon, but he's a real player at least. He's gonna help Detroit a lot.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
It's Kenny's fault we have Teahen though. Slow start notwithstanding, he's average at best.

Moving Beckham to second was also a dumb idea. He was becoming a very good third baseman.

Also whether Dye and Thome are finished or not, it should have been easy to see that we needed a reliable big bopper to go with Paulie and CQ.

I never thought we'd get Damon, but he's a real player at least. He's gonna help Detroit a lot.

Amen!

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
I really want to keep note of this gamethread because in a couple weeks its really possible everyone in here will have changed their tune completely.

Makes you wonder why some people watch the games. Just stop watching and find something else better to do with your time.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
I really want to keep note of this gamethread because in a couple weeks its really possible everyone in here will have changed their tune completely.

Some people are telling it like it currently is. Others have completely lost it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)

The thing is, all we need is for Teahen to be average.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
I should add that, no, I do not think Pierre is a real player. I'd take Pods over him any day of any month.

I don't know why I'm taking the bait, but this sentiment was expressed several times in this game thread. Can you tell me why? Pierre is a better hitter and a better defender than Pods. The only thing he doesn't have is the world series history with the Sox that makes people love Pods so much.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 10, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
Some people are telling it like it currently is. Others have completely lost it.

Its 5 games currently into this season. There is no way anyone should have a conclusion as to what this team is for this year.