4/16 GT: Sox @ Indians, Buehrle v. Talbot

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
We haven't hit much but we're in almost every game so adding a bat like Gonzales wouldn't help ? That's absurd.

If I'm not mistaken, you quoted a post from him where he talked about how he knew this offense would be horrible. I agree that adding Gonzalez would be huge for this line up.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
So we're fans of the enemy because we're realistic about what to expect from a badly put together 'smallball' A.L. team?

If Liriano is actually "back", the AL Central is over already. However, there's no guarantee he stays healthy.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
So we're fans of the enemy because we're realistic about what to expect from a badly put together 'smallball' A.L. team?

Nothing wrong with being a realist. Maybe I just like balance. Try counting your negative posts in a loss and your positive posts in a win. I'm just saying if you like the Sox most of the time I don't see it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
At least we bunted that guy over.

We sure as hell aren't going to hit them in, so we were hoping a f***ing fly ball could get him in. I guess that's too much to expect out of this team.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)
Quentin is just awful now too. He doesn't know how to take pitches apparently.

He's doing what he did last year where he's either home run or nothing. He's going to be among the leaders in GIDP.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)
Nothing wrong with being a realist. Maybe I just like balance. Try counting your negative posts in a loss and your positive posts in a win. I'm just saying if you like the Sox most of the time I don't see it.

Go back and read the game threads. I'm one of the only ones to comment on nice defensive plays, and I ALWAYS say nice things when players do well.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
If I'm not mistaken, you quoted a post from him where he talked about how he knew this offense would be horrible. I agree that adding Gonzalez would be huge for this line up.

You are mistaken . The post that started this off was one that said getting Gonzales wouldn't help , to which I posted "how absurd".

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)

fathom's a lot more positive than he used to be. This offense could be 07 bad if not worse. That's a lot to be negative about.

Sweet another leadoff walk.

And as for negative/positive posts...I think the sad part is that most of us realize this team isn't 'special' by any means. But most of us know that because of the division we're in, we can possibly hang around long enough to have a shot when it matters. Burying ourselves early on will remove even that possibility.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
Go back and read the game threads. I'm one of the only ones to comment on nice defensive plays, and I ALWAYS say nice things when players do well.

Yes you do . I'm still pretty damn sure the negative far outweighs the positive and your followers make it all the more so.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:29 AM)
You are mistaken . The post that started this off was one that said getting Gonzales wouldn't help , to which I posted "how absurd".

It wouldn't help cause it's just not realistic, especially given how awful Garcia looks. People think we're the only team that is interested in Gonzalez, but unlike Peavy (in which KW was the only one really pursuing him), Boston would surely be able to give up more.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
Sweet another leadoff walk.

And as for negative/positive posts...I think the sad part is that most of us realize this team isn't 'special' by any means. But most of us know that because of the division we're in, we can possibly hang around long enough to have a shot when it matters. Burying ourselves early on will remove even that possibility.

This was the main point of contention in the offseaon. We all recognized the state of the division, and the quality of our pitching staff, and a lot of us were frustrated that while the Twins were making active efforts to improve on the offensive end, the White Sox refused to make lateral moves.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)

Well the actual post I was commenting on had a quote from him saying how this offense would be terrible. I do see where the conversation started now.

What is there to be so positive about, honestly? Tell me? And thats a silly statement, go to the gamethread for the last game we won, and see how many 'negative' posts I made.

I've been around here long enough to give props when its due, but to also point out the glaring bad parts of this team too.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 01:33 AM)
What is there to be so positive about, honestly? Tell me? And thats a silly statement, go to the gamethread for the last game we won, and see how many 'negative' posts I made.

I've been around here long enough to give props when its due, but to also point out the glaring bad parts of this team too.

Teahen looks a lot better than he did a week ago.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
This was the main point of contention in the offseaon. We all recognized the state of the division, and the quality of our pitching staff, and a lot of us were frustrated that while the Twins were making active efforts to improve on the offensive end, the White Sox refused to make lateral moves.

Oh I've said the same thing . 2 year window of opportunity with our starters and to try and eek by without an offense is a gamble. But yea we get it offense is bad but not season giving up on bad.