*4/20* GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+, WSCR 670

SoxAce

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
He just shouldn't be playing tonight, especially facing two righties in the remainder of the series. By bunting AJP, Ozzie made it so easy for Tampa to not face Rios and go after the lefty.

That's quite a stretch to blame Ozzie for the Rays intentionally walking Rios. You (and others) probably would have b****ed if ozzie let AJ hit, and then he GIDP. I have no problem with Ozzie having AJ bunt. It's not like AJ was likely to have a productive AB anyway.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:32 AM)
That's quite a stretch to blame Ozzie for the Rays intentionally walking Rios. You (and others) probably would have b****ed if ozzie let AJ hit, and then he GIDP. I have no problem with Ozzie having AJ bunt. It's not like AJ was likely to have a productive AB anyway.

If I never see a bunt again, I will be happy. If you don't think someone can have a productive at bat against a pitcher, either don't play him or don't bat him 6th.

Should have been a DP, pretty weak throw and bad scoop attempt. You have to turn those against a team like Tampa.

Turned off the game and just following Gameday now and was gonna ask why they did not turn the 2. Thanx

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
We are now seeing that when guillen has to put thought into making decisions with the lineup and during the game, he is not capable of doing it. This should be his last year.

My 05 World Series DVD begs to differ.

Great job, Danksie.

So much stress on the starters and bullpen, let's hope that we can hold them off, because the offense is what it is right now.

I'll never forget that grand slam Zobrist hit, it was off Thornton, wasn't it???

Edited by caulfield12