Anyone ever take a job in another state?

BigSqwert

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 26, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
One of my closest friends is a security guard at that place. I still have not went to Gary to go there, though it isn't just cause of the area. (hell I grew up in South Chicago)

The new Blue Chip is pretty nice out here. It finally is a quality place. The old barge was a s***hole.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm going to Portland tomorrow night after work. The interview is first thing Wednesday morning. Anyone know if you can bring a garment bag (suit) as a carry on? I'd hate to have to fold and pack the suit and dress shirt if I didn't have to.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 31, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
So I'm going to Portland tomorrow night after work. The interview is first thing Wednesday morning. Anyone know if you can bring a garment bag (suit) as a carry on? I'd hate to have to fold and pack the suit and dress shirt if I didn't have to.

Pretty certain you can.

Good luck my man!

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Phew! What a hectic day. Back to Chicago and the waiting game begins. And damn! Nike campus is ridiculous.

Oh man, I can't believe I never guessed that was the company! Awesome!

How did it go, Sqwert?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
Oh man, I can't believe I never guessed that was the company! Awesome!

How did it go, Sqwert?

I thought it went rather well however they're interviewing 3 more people this week.

I'll keep you guys posted.

I moved once - to NYC. Other than distance, it was easy going from one big city to another. I was lucky in that I visited ppl I knew there before, and my boss put me up for a while so I had ideas where to live.

I would, if feasible, try to find a temporary place on a short-term lease and store your belongings. Once you've been there awhile and befriend some coworkers you can get a better feel for which neighborhood you'd like to live in.

I'm jealous for your mobility. In this economy that is a very, very good thing.

QUOTE (BurlyMan56 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
I'm going to Dallas Sunday to test for the police department out there...Staying at the dt sheraton, anybody know any nightlife in downtown dallas during the week?

I believe you're looking for an area called Deep Ellum.

It's a really cool part of the town where there is a great mixture of bars for college kids, thirtysomethings, dance clubs, etc.

Jump in a cab and tell the driver to head to that area and walk around and see what suits you.