4/30 GT White Sox @ Yankees - 6:05pm CDT - WCIU

knightni

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddy Garcia=Livan Hernandez

Pitch away from contact, high pitch count, lots of walks...84-88 MPH fastball...keep everything on the black...don't get behind in counts and give in with the fastball over the center of the plate. Mix in a steady diet of offspeed junk to keep hitters off balance.

Minnesota leading CLE 5-0, who'd a thunk it? Go figure.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
We're already nearly half a dozen games behind them. Treading water will leave us in the dust. The Twins have the best offense in the division and more then enough pitching to keep them afloat. We need to get hit and they need to get cold for a prolonged period of time.

flame me later if I'm wrong, but the twins will suffer the same ups and downs as the rest of us.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
Freddy Garcia=Livan Hernandez

Pitch away from contact, high pitch count, lots of walks...84-88 MPH fastball...keep everything on the black...don't get behind in counts and give in with the fastball over the center of the plate. Mix in a steady diet of offspeed junk to keep hitters off balance.

Minnesota leading CLE 5-0, who'd a thunk it? Go figure.

It's called pitching or smoke and mirrors take your pick.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
flame me later if I'm wrong, but the twins will suffer the same ups and downs as the rest of us.

Exactly...Like I said. They're on pace for over 100 wins. They won't win over 100 games. They will hit a rough patch. We're lucky they're only 14-7. 6 games vs. the Royals so far...

Edited by jeffro2525

It's very interesting watching Nix bat this year. He's making a huge effort to hit the ball to the right side, as he was a dead pull hitter last year. We haven't seen any of his famous rocket line drives down the left field line.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
Exactly...Like I said. They're on pace for over 100 wins. They won't win over 100 games. They will hit a rough patch. We're luck they're only 14-7. 6 games vs. the Royals so far...

You do realize that we've had our asses kicked by the Indians repeatedly, right? We don't take advantages of chances the Twins give us.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
It's very interesting watching Nix bat this year. He's making a huge effort to hit the ball to the right side, as he was a dead pull hitter last year. We haven't seen any of his famous rocket line drives down the left field line.

It's because Ozzie chewed him out enough to make him try to change his approach. He's all turned around.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
You do realize that we've had our asses kicked by the Indians repeatedly, right? We don't take advantages of chances the Twins give us.

and hopefully you realize that we couldn't have been playing much worse at that point.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 30, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
and hopefully you realize that we couldn't have been playing much worse at that point.

We're not a good enough team to fall behind the Twins. The sooner we all realize this, this sooner we can accept that this team is a middling offensive ball club that's counting on it's pitching to bail their asses out of the fire.