The Teahen's D At Third thread

Buehrlesque

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
No kidding. We get rid of two power guys in the lineup this past off season and we're supposed to be content with replacing them with one?

The other replacement power guy was supposed to be Carlos Quentin, but no one seems to know what happened to him.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 6, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
I don't know about that. We could still use one of them as a DH with Jones in the OF.

Which wouldn't make any since with Juan Pierre on the team. And I for one still think it's risky to have Andruw in the OF everyday. Which would be required when talking about DH only players like Vlad, Matsui and Thome.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
No kidding. We get rid of two power guys in the lineup this past off season and we're supposed to be content with replacing them with one?

Not to mention we got extremely lucky with that one. Still early as well, but I don't think many people had a guy hitting .150+ the last couple years to all of a sudden figure it out. (always had the OPS though) He also only plays about 3-4 times a week as well cause of his prone to injuries. An OBP left-handed stick with some pop like a Matsui for example would of been ideal.

Edited by SoxAce

Let's be honest, if we saw the power numbers put up by Quentin, AJP, Ramirez and Beckham after the first month, we'd probably be thinking we're 8-10 games below .500 at least. Then you might throw in the Juan Pierre line, if the argument needed further convincing, despite the counter-argument that our pitching staff and bullpen would end up #1-2-3 in the AL.

Teahen, about what expected. MEHHHHHHHH. It's a testament to how well Konerko, Andruw Jones and Rios have played that we're even in this thing still...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 6, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Which wouldn't make any since with Juan Pierre on the team. And I for one still think it's risky to have Andruw in the OF everyday. Which would be required when talking about DH only players like Vlad, Matsui and Thome.

Well, Juan Pierre can hit the road in this hypothetical situation. And I'm sure Vlad and Matsui could play a game or two a week in the OF, allowing Jones to DH once in a while and stay a little more fresh.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2010 -> 07:36 PM)
Teahen made a great play today. Figured i'd throw that in here before he screws up and we start chewing him out.

I think they have worked with him a bit, because his arm slot and throws look much better tonight.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
Teahen, Kotsay, Ramon Castro, Vizquel and Juan Pierre=$24.7 million

Aroldis Chapman for FIVE years (plus option for sixth)=$30 milllion

Future for Reds=exciting

Future for White Sox=not so exciting

are you suggesting we should have focused more on SP this offseason?