AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

Capn12

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 11, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
Alex Rios is hitting .330 with a .966 OPS. He's a joy to watch.

And what is especially encouraging is that he is tattooing the ball and isn't getting cheap hits and arguably could be batting close to .350 right now if some of those line drives he was hitting in the opening week weren't right at people.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 11, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
I literally fainted when Juan Pierre got that XBH. LITERALLY.

Also can't believe we won a game WITHOUT the long ball.

I thought I was watching a different game.

It doesn't appear there will be any cheap homeruns or strange bounces in that park.

That's a nice park. I hated watching games on TV when they were at the baggy dome.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)

It doesn't appear there will be any cheap homeruns or strange bounces in that park.

That's a nice park. I hated watching games on TV when they were at the baggy dome.

maybe not cheap HRs, but Hawk mentioned it and I noticed it watching highlights/updates on MLBN that when the weather was warmer in a series or two in the beginning of the year, the ball travels a lot better, Beckham's FO to RF would probably have been gone

Forget cheap HRs, there were at least three legit homers that didn't go out last night, including Thome, Morneau, and Gordo's shot.

When US Cellular opened in 1991, the tigers managed a sweep over the sox . This prompted Sparky Anderson to say "I like that park."