5/12 GT - Sox (14-19) @ Min (21-12) - 12:10p CSN

knightni

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
The rule is...it counts as an earned run if it would have scored even without the error and the rest of the inning proceeded the same way. Pierre would have been at 3rd and scored on Konerko's hit without the error. Thus, it became an earned run. If the inning had ended with no more hits, it would have been unearned.

Cool, thanks. I thought there was some sort of rule like that, but I wasn't sure the specifics. Now, does that work if someone gets on via error and then 2 outs occur, then he scores on a hit? Do they assume an out when an error occurs?

QUOTE (BFirebird @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
Cool, thanks. I thought there was some sort of rule like that, but I wasn't sure the specifics. Now, does that work if someone gets on via error and then 2 outs occur, then he scores on a hit? Do they assume an out when an error occurs?

I could be wrong on this, but if the runner gets on base only because of an error, then it becomes an unearned run if he comes around to score, and I'm sure there's some circumstances where that doesn't hold (like if the error happens on the turn of a double-play, for example).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
I could be wrong on this, but if the runner gets on base only because of an error, then it becomes an unearned run if he comes around to score, and I'm sure there's some circumstances where that doesn't hold (like if the error happens on the turn of a double-play, for example).

that is correct, if the runner gets on base due to error than his run is unearned

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
Damn you Kotsay, relinquish the photos of Ozzie naked that you must have, to still be getting playing time.

We have a .138 hitter batting 5th. *scratches head*

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
Damn you Kotsay, relinquish the photos of Ozzie naked that you must have, to still be getting playing time.

Those photos are what hurt Andruw Jones? Wow, I figured it was an unexpected occurrence that many of us have been predicting.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 12, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
We have a .138 hitter batting 5th. *scratches head*

The rest follows as .185, .231, .195, .222

They all suck. You can't go right with anyone beyond Rios and Paulie