GT: White Sox @ Royals, 7:10PM, CSN, WSCR670

justBLAZE

So you want Nix to DH over Omar? Fine. The lineup still sucks.

Magical Mark Teahen in theory should plaster the ball tonight off Meche, ditto AJP.

And Paulie should loft a few of his meatballs out of the park.

And Becks and Alexei should rock.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
So you want Nix to DH over Omar? Fine. The lineup still sucks.

Magical Mark Teahen in theory should plaster the ball tonight off Meche, ditto AJP.

And Paulie should loft a few of his meatballs out of the park.

And Becks and Alexei should rock.

How do you not get this? If Ozzie wants to put Omar in the lineup, that's fine but he needs TO BE IN THE FIELD as that's the only thing he does well. He could get away with DH'ing any of Teahen, Ramirez or Beckham today and plugging in Omar at any of those positions and it'd perfectly acceptable, not optimal but next to no one would be livid. Starting an ALL glove NO hit infielder at the DH slot is a joke.

Think about this: Omar Vizquel has NEVER before DH'd, largely because none of his previous managers were daffy enough to slot him there.

I said, fine, to Nix over Omar Big squert I just also said if only one slot in the order makes you mad, that's not too bad.

What's wrong with Quentin and Jones. I was in Vegas all week and didn't watch the Sox or read the papers, etc.

I see your point Kalapse, but I've been prepared for the Omar DH thing since it was mentioned in the offseason and spring training, etc. He's part of the DH committee crap.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
This isn't a surprise, Ozzie said earlier in the week that he wanted to get Vizquel more at bats.

If the sox sent down Beckham we would be treated to Vizquel hitting 2nd and playing 2nd everyday.

Omar Vizquel is 4 for 36 w/ 1 XBH (2B) this season.

Omar sucks big time, but why weren't you prepared for this mentally since it was mentioned in the offseason?

I assume CQ and Jones are hurting?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
Decisions like these are why Ozzie keeps hearing those fire rumors, constantly defending himself. I don't even think Dusty Baker or Ned Yost are this stupid.

Here's a list of mangers that weren't stupid enough to DH Omar Vizquel because they actually know where his value lies:

Ron Washington

Eric Wedge

Charlie Manuel

Joel Skinner

Mike Hargrove

Lou Piniella

Bill Plummer

Jim Lefebvre

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
Omar sucks big time, but why weren't you prepared for this mentally since it was mentioned in the offseason?

I assume CQ and Jones are hurting?

Knowing that it's coming doesn't make it any less egregious.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
Here's a list of mangers that weren't stupid enough to DH Omar Vizquel because they actually know where his value lies:

Ron Washington

Eric Wedge

Charlie Manuel

Joel Skinner

Mike Hargrove

Lou Piniella

Bill Plummer

Jim Lefebvre

Sad when a crack-head is brighter than you Ozzie.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Anyone remember how the people who took Ozzie at his word this spring that Vizquel would DH, got chewed out? The lesson is that Ozzie is usually a man of his words, and the ideas behind those words are tragically stupid.

Indeed. I'm pumped Vizquel is DH'ing just this one night because it wins me a bet, but it's still sad to see how dumb our manager is. You know this won't be the last time we see him in that spot.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
The lesson is that Ozzie is usually a man of his words, and the ideas behind those words are tragically stupid.

See now that is bulls***. I won't even bring up last season, but Ozzie said the same crap about Pierre getting time off and then hitting him 9th when he comes back (Pierre was in the line-up the next day... though he did put Pierre 9th for a couple of games then put him back in the lead-off spot) and said Beckham would get a few days off to clear his head, only to have him back in the line-up with only one off day. (though I can at least agree with that decision, young hitters can't figure it out on the bench) He said some serious crap that he'll half-way do, then go back to what he originally did the following day.

This is the same man who had Alex Rios play LF for a game.. our best defender in LF... where he never played in his life prior to this season.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 14, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
See now that is bulls***. I won't even bring up last season, but Ozzie said the same crap about Pierre getting time off and then hitting him 9th when he comes back (Pierre was in the line-up the next day... though he did put Pierre 9th for a couple of games then put him back in the lead-off spot) and said Beckham would get a few days off to clear his head, only to have him back in the line-up with only one off day. (though I can at least agree with that decision, young hitters can't figure it out on the bench) He said some serious crap that he'll half-way do, then go back to what he originally did the following day.

This is the same man who had Alex Rios play LF for a game.. our best defender in LF... where he never played in his life prior to this season.

I was thinking about the Pierre thing when i phrased the post. That's why i added usually to it. I didn't want to make it so absolute.

I agree seeing Omar once is once too many, but I feel the same way about Kotsay and Juan.

I wish the CQ of old was in our lineup. It would make a difference with so many automatic outs.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
I was thinking about the Pierre thing when i phrased the post. That's why i added usually to it. I didn't want to make it so absolute.

Ah I didn't catch that. Gotcha. ;)

Spin: He's quietly pushed his average to .252 by hitting .362 in May. Pierre has also been able to reclaim and solidify his place atop the White Sox's lineup during that span, so look for him to continue receiving the green light often from manager Ozzie Guillen.

On a positive note, Juan is doing better? Although his .252, 0 home runs and 3 RBIs is kind of laughable. Three RBIs all season for a regular is amazingly bad. Juan when he gets on base is at least trying to earn his 7 million this year with his 17 stolen bases. It's obscene than Juan Pierre can make 7 million a year and Teahen make whatever he is making.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
On a positive note, Juan is doing better? Although his .252, 0 home runs and 3 RBIs is kind of laughable. Three RBIs all season for a regular is amazingly bad.

Speaking of which.. if only we can have a "lead-off hitter" like that man who can still drive in runs when called upon. I would love me some Denard Span for example.

Edited by SoxAce