NBA Offseason Thread

I'd be nervous about it. I don't watch a lot of lakers games, and all I saw was last years playoffs. Now quite obviously that was not representative of pau's game the last 3 years. But I'm just wondering if he can get up again for more championship runs.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Depends if Asik is ready to be starter, if he's not, no, if he is, I'll drive Noah and Boozer myself to O'Hare airport.

Why would that matter? Gasol starts at center and Taj provides the D at power forward.

I find Tyson Chandler's ascent from overpaid, oft-injured glue guy to key to the Knicks making the Eastern Conference Finals this year to be truly laughable. It's Tyson f***ing Chandler, people. We all know what he is.

I have never seen a player become so overrated so quickly. This is a guy who is a year removed from averaging 6 points and 6 boards. This is a guy who is always injured. It is laughable how much money he got, and more laughable that he's being considered one of the NBA's best centers all of the sudden.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
The article does say that Gasol wanted to retire as a Laker, maybe he's asking the FO for a trade like Odom, just not so publicly?

If the Lakers have to move Gasol, why wouldn't they just take the deal that they were getting for him from Houston?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 02:47 PM)
I reckon their interest in shooting guards is rather low.

Well, now maybe they do...

Kobe Bryant has a torn lunotriquetral ligament in his right (shooting) wrist.

We've never seen the word lunotriquetral before, but we do know that a torn ligament in a player's shooting wrist is not a good thing. Kobe won't play in Thursday's preseason game, and beyond that, his timetable is unclear. However, beat writer Kevin Ding believes that Kobe -- who practiced Tuesday -- will play through the injury in Sunday's season opener.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
Well, now maybe they do...

Kobe Bryant has a torn lunotriquetral ligament in his right (shooting) wrist.

We've never seen the word lunotriquetral before, but we do know that a torn ligament in a player's shooting wrist is not a good thing. Kobe won't play in Thursday's preseason game, and beyond that, his timetable is unclear. However, beat writer Kevin Ding believes that Kobe -- who practiced Tuesday -- will play through the injury in Sunday's season opener.

[Headline]

Ding, Kobe's done.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
Kinda said the same thing after the first one... kinda said the same stuff all last season. Rip Hamilton was obviously an upgrade, that was never not my opinion. I just wanted the Bulls to aim higher this offseason.

However, every game is must-watch, and I fully expect, if healthy, that the Bulls will show even better this year than last.

That wasn't directed at you at all dude. I was just saying, people were b****ing after the first pre-season game (not just here, but on other boards as well). Now everything is roses after last night.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
That wasn't directed at you at all dude. I was just saying, people were b****ing after the first pre-season game (not just here, but on other boards as well). Now everything is roses after last night.

We're through 2 preseason games and Boozer isn't hurt. This is an improvement.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 21, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
The post-injury noah from last year, absolutely. The pre-injury Noah, absolutely not.

I just don't know which one we get.

I'm basing this on pure faith--nothing scientific, mind you-- but I think he's gonna be alright.

Noah's motivated to win, especially with the addition of Rip taking some of the pressure off everyone.

I'm excited about this season. With so many games packed in so tightly, heart is gonna be a HUGE factor in 2012.

Wonder how long it will take for Miami to start b****ing and turn on itself?