NBA Offseason Thread

If we have a shot at LeBron I would want Boozer at whatever cost we could afford. Otherwise I still would like him but I wouldnt give him a max contract. I dont want to just overpay for 2 guys if we strike out just to make it look like we did something. There are still some big names becoming FAs next year and our 2 stars are insanely young. Who knows who might become available via trade also. We dont want to miss out on someone next year because we overpaid for guys this year.

Also, if LeBron does wind up going to Miami still, he is the biggest cheesedick in the world. To have this "TV Special" to announce going to the Heat the day after Wade and Bosh announced it would be ridiculous.

I find it a little puzzling that this happened the way it did. Both Wade and James clearly wanted to stay home and get Bosh to join them. For some reason Wade won. Now the question is what will Lebron do. It again comes back to what he wants. If it's rings, his best bet is still Chicago. As much as ESPN is pimping NY, they still suck, Amare or no Amare. They're the same team, just replace Lee. Cleveland is still a contender, mainly because of Lebron, but they are limited in what they can do. And the Heat, while better than last year because of Bosh, still can't be considered that much of a contender since they have zero shooters.

Hopefully Lebron got blindsided by this decision. Hopefully he realizes that Rose/Noah with Boozer or Lee is his best shot to win and win now. On Mike and Mike this morning even the Cleveland beat writer seemed to suggest that it would be foolish to count the Bulls out because it's his best shot to win.

Broussard keeps talking up the Lebron to Miami idea. But I don't see it. Too many alpha dogs. Why not announce during Lebron's special tomorrow?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
Broussard keeps talking up the Lebron to Miami idea. But I don't see it. Too many alpha dogs. Why not announce during Lebron's special tomorrow?

because none of this s*** has made any sense... why did Bulls brass get suckered into D-Wade and waste their time on him? Why didn't the Bulls just man up and S&T for Bosh with Noah thus not giving Wade what he wanted?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
I find it a little puzzling that this happened the way it did. Both Wade and James clearly wanted to stay home and get Bosh to join them. For some reason Wade won. Now the question is what will Lebron do. It again comes back to what he wants. If it's rings, his best bet is still Chicago. As much as ESPN is pimping NY, they still suck, Amare or no Amare. They're the same team, just replace Lee. Cleveland is still a contender, mainly because of Lebron, but they are limited in what they can do. And the Heat, while better than last year because of Bosh, still can't be considered that much of a contender since they have zero shooters.

Hopefully Lebron got blindsided by this decision. Hopefully he realizes that Rose/Noah with Boozer or Lee is his best shot to win and win now. On Mike and Mike this morning even the Cleveland beat writer seemed to suggest that it would be foolish to count the Bulls out because it's his best shot to win.

I dont think he will go to Miami but I think its a possibility. I like what Broussard has been saying. Bringing up LeBron going to Miami could tarnish his legacy (Not Broussards opinion). I also like that Legler said LeBron and Boozer to the Bulls makes them the best team in the NBA.

Am I crazy for thinking that if Bosh doesn't S&T with the Heat, then the Bulls should low-ball the heat for beasley?

I'm not sure why Beasley is considered such kryptonite, but if he can be had for peanuts I don't see how you don't at least explore it.

f*** you Bulls.

So f***ing annoyed, woke up this morning and am not surprised the Bulls are not gonna get anybody, sorta saw this coming.

We traded f***ing draft picks, Hinrich and dumped salary for a meet and greet, what a joke.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 09:50 AM)
because none of this s*** has made any sense... why did Bulls brass get suckered into D-Wade and waste their time on him? Why didn't the Bulls just man up and S&T for Bosh with Noah thus not giving Wade what he wanted?

...because Wade and Lebron weren't playing on a team where Bosh made more than them. Getting Bosh was no guarantee of anything except for Cleveland or Miami.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:38 AM)
If its true that Bosh didnt go in a sign and trade, then he really didnt want to come to the bulls, or bulls told him he wasnt getting a max deal

That's just sad...

The Sun Sentinel has confirmed, through a source close to Dwyane Wade, that instead of losing the free-agent All-Star guard, as had been the concern in recent days, the Heat not only will retain Wade, but also add Toronto Raptors free-agent power forward Chris Bosh.

The source, with direct insight into Wade's thinking, confirmed that scenario Wednesday morning.

I am not even sure what that means.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:54 AM)
He's a pretty big-time screw up.

I'll admit I'm not a resident expert on all things Beasley, but there are plenty of guys that are screw ups and made something of themselves in sports.

All I've heard about Beasley is he's a pot-head. Surely, he's not the only one in the NBA.

On the court, he sure looks like he hasn't cared at times. Again, this is the NBA he's not the only one. Much like someone like Zach Randolph, it might just click for this kid elsewhere. Is Randolph still crazy? Yes, but he's got talent, and so does Beasley.

I'm not saying trade anything of note for the guy - but if he could be had for a song I think it's good value.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 08:50 AM)

Probably because they knew pulling Lebron away from Cleveland was going to be tough no matter how great their pitch was. Wade probably expressed being pissed that the Amare to Miami deal didn't go through, so the door was open to get both of them. It didn't work, but they tried.

The s&t wasn't an issue with Bosh. He's signing for the max with Miami, which he could have done in Chicago. For all we know, the Bulls were fine giving Noah away, but neither the Bulls nor the Raptors had much say in what Bosh decided to do. That's what scares me about the Bulls. If Bosh wanted to play with Lebron and he was willing to just take a max deal, they'd be in Chicago right now. But something happened. My guess is either (1) Lebron said he didn't want to go to Chicago or (2) they all agreed to go to Miami.

My only remaining hope: Lebron and Wade got into a bidding war for Bosh and Wade simply won. Both Lebron and Wade preferred to get that 6 year contract and stay at home. Both gave Bosh a pitch to come join them. I’m hoping Lebron basically told Bosh I’m staying in Cleveland, that’s that. So Bosh decided to go to Miami to play with Wade. Now Lebron is sitting back and hopefully thinking that Cleveland is his worst shot at a title, so he has to change his mind to either join those guys in Miami or come to Chicago. Since he’s an ego-maniac, hopefully that means he comes to Chicago and takes over the city versus just playing a part in Wade’s city.

IraHeatBeat According to source in know, Bosh move blindsided even Raptors, who now are left in salvage mode to at least gets picks from Heat.

This is how Bosh is going to get his S&T Max Deal. That is how you call a bluff, get Bosh to commit and then force Toronto into acting.

Blazers are apparently interested in trading Andre Miller and Rudy Fernandex to the Heat for Beasley, Chalmers, and a 1st round pick. This is all contingent on LeBron not signing with the Heat. There would still be enough to sign Haywood or Jermaine O'Neal at C. That would be a very nice team.