6/4 GT: Indians @ White Sox 7:10, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 03:41 AM)
That biggest part of the joke is that Freddy Garcia is our #1 pitcher, bahahah.

I'm sure Balta will disagree with me, but I truly feel like the Astros are the only franchise in worse shape than the Sox right now. Not many teams can have one of the worst records while having an absolutely atrocious farm system with remaining bad contracts.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
No action from the front office speaks volumes.

This is the biggest thing that pisses me off....noone in the front office has any balls to do anything about it. The problem is the Whitesox loyalty can be one of the things that kills them as well. A change has to be made and frankly i dont really care what it is as long as they show they aren't just going to sit there and take it in the you know what for the rest of the season

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
I'm sure Balta will disagree with me, but I truly feel like the Astros are the only franchise in worse shape than the Sox right now. Not many teams can have one of the worst records while having an absolutely atrocious farm system with remaining bad contracts.

If this is the Beckham, Quentin, Peavy, and Buehrle that we have from now on...disagreement is impossible.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
This is the biggest thing that pisses me off....noone in the front office has any balls to do anything about it. The problem is the Whitesox loyalty can be one of the things that kills them as well. A change has to be made and frankly i dont really care what it is as long as they show they aren't just going to sit there and take it in the you know what for the rest of the season

I can't fathom how they would hold onto AJ now. KW could without being fully insane have said "well, we've got a lot of home games coming up, let's see how they go before pulling the trigger, we have that week or so". We've lost 3 of the first 4.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)

who needs a farm team when you have kenny williams pulling out his wish list out from the early 00's all star games every year

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 02:45 AM)
If this is the Beckham, Quentin, Peavy, and Buehrle that we have from now on...disagreement is impossible.

The only one I'm confident in saying will improve is Beckham. Peavy's on his way to becoming the AL version of Barry Zito it seems.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
who needs a farm team when you have kenny williams pulling out his wish list out from the early 00's all star games every year

We had a crappier farm system in 2007 than we do right now, and we turned that around into a division title within 1 year.

It has been done before.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 02:46 AM)
I can't fathom how they would hold onto AJ now. KW could without being fully insane have said "well, we've got a lot of home games coming up, let's see how they go before pulling the trigger, we have that week or so". We've lost 3 of the first 4.

He's probably waiting until the end of next weekend and the Cubs series.

I love Hawk, but a couple things he said tonight have me more than baffled. He said Ron Kittle made himself in to a good LF. I don't know how many on here saw Ron Kittle play defense, but good was never in the area code when describing it. He also seemed shocked at the low attendance figure from tonight.

BTW, the Cubs scored 1 run tonight. Rudy Jaramillo has really turned that offense around.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 03:48 AM)
AJ's 10/5 rights kick in on the Sunday of the Cubs series.

Interesting, even though there's no doubt in my mind Konerko and AJP would jump ship in a heartbeat if they get traded, approval needed or not.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)

With Flowers struggling as badly as he is, it wouldn't shock me if AJ is signed to an one or 2 year extension.