You are Jerry Reinsdorf, you decide, who gawn?

justBLAZE

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see get fired?

• Ozzie.
    • Kenny.
    • Both.
    • Neither.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)
Kotsay is 0/6 this season with the Bases Loaded.

one game he did it last week when i was in vegas and was stupid enough to be $250 on the sox. so i hate him forever now.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even going back as far as 2005, the benefit of having Ozzie Guillen as manager was never his ability to manage a ballgame and be an x's and o's guy. Ozzie's contribution has always been his ability to motivate, deflect negative attention, and keep a clubhouse loose. Well, I'm not seeing much motivation from our players, there's plenty of bad press about this team and Ozzie's antics are no longer putting that bad press on page 2, and, from the looks of it, our team is far from loose. So what exactly is it that Ozzie is providing this team?

And I don't mean to imply that KW is without fault for this dreadful season; ultimately all roster decisions are on him regardless of what Ozzie requests. But, perhaps it's just me, I would have never put this team at 9 games under .500 in mid-June given the opening day roster and early season schedule. There were plenty of threads on this board and articles in the national media talking about our rotation being in the top 5 of MLB. We were also supposed to have a decent pen. So yes, the offense didn't look great coming into the season, but with the pitching we were supposed to have we'd be in it to grab a bat closer to the deadline. The pitching flopped and you can't put that on KW.

So yeah, mark me down as wanting Ozzie canned for being a sh*t manager, not because of his roster requests.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
Why the LaRussa talk? I haven't heard anything about him leaving St. Louis.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...bs-big-mac.html

This article was posted back in February, and simply due to what LaRussa specifically mentioned about "leaving the field and going upstairs", along with wanting to "work for an owner that I like and that I respect as much as I do Jerry", well, it just seems to lend itself rather uniquely to a discussion about a possible replacement for Kenny, if in fact there were to be one.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
Even going back as far as 2005, the benefit of having Ozzie Guillen as manager was never his ability to manage a ballgame and be an x's and o's guy. Ozzie's contribution has always been his ability to motivate, deflect negative attention, and keep a clubhouse loose. Well, I'm not seeing much motivation from our players, there's plenty of bad press about this team and Ozzie's antics are no longer putting that bad press on page 2, and, from the looks of it, our team is far from loose. So what exactly is it that Ozzie is providing this team?

Well said.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)

And I don't mean to imply that KW is without fault for this dreadful season; ultimately all roster decisions are on him regardless of what Ozzie requests. But, perhaps it's just me, I would have never put this team at 9 games under .500 in mid-June given the opening day roster and early season schedule. There were plenty of threads on this board and articles in the national media talking about our rotation being in the top 5 of MLB. We were also supposed to have a decent pen. So yes, the offense didn't look great coming into the season, but with the pitching we were supposed to have we'd be in it to grab a bat closer to the deadline. The pitching flopped and you can't put that on KW.

So yeah, mark me down as wanting Ozzie canned for being a sh*t manager, not because of his roster requests.

Finally a post I can use this smiley for.

:notworthy

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)

Outstanding post.

The correct answer is both. Ozzie has never been a strong strategy guy and most of his effectiveness came from keeping players focused and motivated, his act has worn thin and he has lost the team.

KW has not been afraid to make a big move, but his moves so rarely payoff. He has overpaid for production, the farm system is devoid of impact talent to help turn this team around. Time for KW and Ozzie to go and get someone like a team of Abe Flores and Sandy Alomar Jr to run the show.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
Finally a post I can use this smiley for.

:notworthy

I hate to say it but, yup, he's right on. Ozzie's gift in the beginning, it appeared, was to keep things loose and playful, and to motivate his players. I can't remember the last time I would ever describe the Sox--on the field or in the dugout--as "loose." Corpse-like, yes. Loose, no.

Too bad because I will always owe him, but I think everybody's due for a change of scenery. I feel like I've been watching the same team for three and a half years.

Edited by LVSoxFan

I can't agree with the "fire Ozzie" mantra. There's no manager that can make this team better.

The organization needs to change it's philosophy. They can continue with the lightning in a bottle free agents\trades or spend money in scouting and development. I'm puttin this bad season on Kenny and the players. More so on the players.

Unfortunately MLB has made it difficult to "fire" players unlike some other pro sports.

Edited by kitekrazy