You throw rocks, We shoot to kill . . .

Texsox

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is deadly force justified when someone throws a rock at a cop?

• Yes, rocks are deadly
    • No
    • It depends on why the cops are there
    • Depends on who is getting shot at

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
We're all supposed to sit, join hands, sing kumbayah, and praise green. That's the new way of peace in Amerikkka.

The kids should have opened fire in response. That's the Kap way.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
well, i can't wait to implement the policy of shooting teenagers anytime they do something stupid in this country.

That's the best population control I have ever heard. :D

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
well, i can't wait to implement the policy of shooting teenagers anytime they do something stupid in this country.

throwing baseball sized rocks at a police officers head, close range, will probably get a US teenager shot.

maybe you could try it and tell me what happens. see if my theory pans out.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
throwing baseball sized rocks at a police officers head, close range, will probably get a US teenager shot.

On the bright side, if you ever feel the urge to throw baseball sized rocks at people, there are a bunch of people who don't seem to care if you did it to them.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)

60 feet is close range?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
On the bright side, if you ever feel the urge to throw baseball sized rocks at people, there are a bunch of people who don't seem to care if you did it to them.

Because there is no middle ground between not caring and shooting to kill.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
60 feet is close range?

10 feet sure is. you have no idea how close he was when chucking the rocks. that cell phone video shows nothing.

even 60 feet would mess you up. the guy was trying to detain someone during the whole thing. was in a vulnerable position.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
10 feet sure is. you have no idea how close he was when chucking the rocks. that cell phone video shows nothing.

even 60 feet would mess you up. the guy was trying to detain someone during the whole thing. was in a vulnerable position.

Getting hit with a baseball from 60 feet away can kill you. Why would a baseball sized rock be any different?

What a bunch of f***ing hypocrites in here. If any one of you had a 14 year old son that was killed by a cop for throwing rocks you'd all have a huge legal team in place for the excessive force used by the police.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 09:58 AM)
What a bunch of f***ing hypocrites in here. If any one of you had a 14 year old son that was killed by a cop for throwing rocks you'd all have a huge legal team in place for the excessive force used by the police.

Yeah, because none of you guys would shoot back if you had a gun and your life was in danger.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
Pitcher to catcher? Yeah, I would call that close range, no?

Seeing so many people throwing out the first pitch at games, using a lighter object and having it bounce to the plate makes me think it's not that close.

It's coming right for us!

sp_0103_12_v6.jpg

The question isn't whether it is resonable to defend your own life. The question is if it was reasonable to feel your own life was in danger in that situation and if the appropriate way to defend yourself was to shoot a teenager.

Should riot police be able to open up on protest crowds if someone decides to throw something at them?

The statements being thrown around in here from the extremes are pretty absurd. Its not possible to really know if this was justified or not, with what little information we have. The attitudes towards both law enforcement AND the teenager are pretty crass.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
The statements being thrown around in here from the extremes are pretty absurd. Its not possible to really know if this was justified or not, with what little information we have. The attitudes towards both law enforcement AND the teenager are pretty crass.

Yeah, well, one is dead.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
Yeah, well, one is dead.

Yeah, the one who started the problem with an assault. See how it can be seen either way? I haven't expressed a definite opinion on this, because I don't think we have enough information to know.

sure...but i think if this wasn't a Mexican (literally) we are talking about there would be outrage about killing a teenager. But, lucky for everyone he was just a Mexican and we'll soon see the statement that the officer acted correctly considering he felt threatened. And the rest of us can continue to hypothesize how much a sixty lb. rock would hurt if whipped by a sixteen year old.