You throw rocks, We shoot to kill . . .

Texsox

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is deadly force justified when someone throws a rock at a cop?

• Yes, rocks are deadly
    • No
    • It depends on why the cops are there
    • Depends on who is getting shot at

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/09/me...n-near-el-paso/

A U.S. official close to the investigation told the AP that authorities have a video showing that the Border Patrol agent did not cross into Mexico. In fact, the official said, the video shows what appear to be members of Mexican law enforcement crossing onto the U.S. side, picking something up and returning to Mexico. The official was not cleared to speak about the video and spoke only on condition of anonymity.

It appears that this kid may have had a gun. Now video shows the Mexican 'law enforcement' came across into the US territory to get the evidence all while threatening to shoot US border patrol. Frankly, they should be thanking the US for not shooting their clueless keystone cops for illegally entering the US with guns drawn.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/09/me...n-near-el-paso/

It appears that this kid may have had a gun. Now video shows the Mexican 'law enforcement' came across into the US territory to get the evidence all while threatening to shoot US border patrol. Frankly, they should be thanking the US for not shooting their clueless keystone cops for illegally entering the US with guns drawn.

I'm confused.

US officer on US side.

Dead Mexican kid on Mexican side.

Empty shell casing on Mexican side.

Mexican "Gun" (?) on US side.

Why is there a casing on the Mexican side? What gun is it from?

If the Mexican kid had a gun, why is it on the US side?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
I'm confused.

US officer on US side.

Dead Mexican kid on Mexican side.

Empty shell casing on Mexican side.

Mexican "Gun" (?) on US side.

Why is there a casing on the Mexican side? What gun is it from?

If the Mexican kid had a gun, why is it on the US side?

hard to say what was found where. evidence could be corrupted.

Shortly after the boy was shot, Mexican soldiers arrived at the scene and pointed their guns at the Border Patrol agents across the riverbank while bystanders screamed insults and hurled rocks and firecrackers, FBI spokeswoman Andrea Simmons said. She said the agents were forced to withdraw.

"It pretty quickly got very intense over on the Mexican side," she said, adding that FBI agents showed up later and resumed the investigation, even as Mexican authorities pointed guns at them from across the river...

Each government has made veiled accusations suggesting misconduct on the part of the other's law enforcement agents.

i guess the video the US has could shed some light on what happened. either way it will probably flare up again.

Edited by mr_genius

There is a lot of frustration for US law enforcement on the border. People running back across the border and taunting insults. People up north thinking you are doing a s***ty job. Most Americans along the border have relatives and friends south of the border.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
There is a lot of frustration for US law enforcement on the border. People running back across the border and taunting insults. People up north thinking you are doing a s***ty job. Most Americans along the border have relatives and friends south of the border.

What about the frustration of Mexican troops aiming weapons at our law enforcement agents. Its one thing when you have to deal with the illegal immigrants, but its another issue when you involve the neighbors and their troops.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 01:19 AM)
What about the frustration of Mexican troops aiming weapons at our law enforcement agents. Its one thing when you have to deal with the illegal immigrants, but its another issue when you involve the neighbors and their troops.

OTOH, the Mexican troops have every right to behave exactly as the U.S. troops do if the U.S. forces are pointing guns in their direction.

It all adds up. A few years back a teenager was killed on the US side while tending to his family's goats.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 12:19 AM)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 07:52 AM)
OTOH, the Mexican troops have every right to behave exactly as the U.S. troops do if the U.S. forces are pointing guns in their direction.

I'd agree with that a little more if there had been millions of Americans straining their resources.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
I'd agree with that a little more if there had been millions of Americans straining their resources.

I think that the U.S. drug consumption probably counts under this statement.

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
Perhaps if 14 year olds weren't getting shot people would have a bit more respect for the border patrol.

Perhaps if 14 year olds weren't throwing rocks at armed cops they wouldn't get shot.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 11:21 AM)
so its a proportionate and appropriate response?

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”

“Hit Back Twice As Hard”

“Get in Their Faces!”

“I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”

So I know whose a$$ to kick.”

Edited by Alpha Dog

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
"If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,"

"Hit Back Twice As Hard"

"Get in Their Faces!"

"I don't want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I'm angry!"

So I know whose a$$ to kick."

Change we can believe in.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)
Yeah, that's just a dodge of the question.

Why do you believe there needs to be a sense of proportionality? If you walked up to some big guy in a bar and shoved him in the chest, would you expect him to just shove you back, or kick your ass? All kidding aside, you throw s*** at people with guns, at some level in your mind, unless you are a complete dumbass, you should expect that they may just shoot you.

So, in your mind, it is appropriate?

And you've a bad analogy there. I would hope police and border patrol are held to a little higher standard than a drunk in a bar. They're supposed to be professionals. They're not supposed to shot someone unless their own life or another's is in danger.

Stop making excuses or canards about Obama being mean to BP.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)

And you've a bad analogy there. I would hope police and border patrol are held to a little higher standard than a drunk in a bar. They're supposed to be professionals. They're not supposed to shot someone unless their own life or another's is in danger.

Which is exactly what they believed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
I think that the U.S. drug consumption probably counts under this statement.

It does and it's also directly related to them coming over here and straining our resources which is why I think Arizona's new immigration laws are silly. You get in a car accident, do you put on a couple of Band-Aids and hold your car together with duct tape, and paint it the color of your car?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 04:42 PM)

Throwing rocks at people with guns is dumb. They deserved to be shot based on stupidity alone.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 06:10 PM)
Throwing rocks at people with guns is dumb. They deserved to be shot based on stupidity alone.

We're all supposed to sit, join hands, sing kumbayah, and praise green. That's the new way of peace in Amerikkka.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
It does and it's also directly related to them coming over here and straining our resources which is why I think Arizona's new immigration laws are silly. You get in a car accident, do you put on a couple of Band-Aids and hold your car together with duct tape, and paint it the color of your car?

Well if you are paying for insurance, at that point your insurance company gets your car fixed. Unfortunately in this situation, our "insurance" company has pretty much decided to give us the middle finger.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
Well if you are paying for insurance, at that point your insurance company gets your car fixed. Unfortunately in this situation, our "insurance" company has pretty much decided to give us the middle finger.

Well that pretty accurately sums up my feelings about car insurance companies anyway...

But we can also say that the damage from the "accident" exceeds the type of coverage we were paying for.