Should Soxtalk Kill the Swear Filter?

Steve9347

Should Soxtalk Kill the Swear Filter?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should Soxtalk Kill the Swear Filter?

• NO! WORDS ARE BAD!
    • YES! KILL IT!

At first I was going to say yes, yes, yes! But, the more I thought about it, it really doesn't matter. When you see s***, you know they actually typed the naughty version of poop. And I agree with someone else's post that said having the filter forces more intelligent posts...or at least posts with more thought. What I find strange is that b**** is censored but not piss or asshole.

Anyhoo, I like the idea of substituting words. But it would have to be random to keep it fresh. So you'd see posts like "Those darn tootin' White Sox can't win a cottonpicking game it they were given a fudgin' 10 run lead!" or "Pants dammit!".

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
I say dadgunmmit IRL. True story. I also say the words that are filtered out, a lot. Like all the time.

I like the filter though, because I do read this at work, and I don't think it bars any real discourse on baseball among other things.

I agree that it's a good thing to have, and I also use curses as much as I use prepositions. There are times when cursing is entirely inappropriate, and luckily I can control myself, but curses can be very descriptive.

There was an episode of Spongebob where they learned curses, but were told that they were "sentence enhancers." That is how I view a curse.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
I agree that it's a good thing to have, and I also use curses as much as I use prepositions. There are times when cursing is entirely inappropriate, and luckily I can control myself, but curses can be very descriptive.

There was an episode of Spongebob where they learned curses, but were told that they were "sentence enhancers." That is how I view a curse.

Exactly, some people just don't understand that swears have more...effect.