Sox vs Atlanta 6-23 game thread 7:05 first pitch, CSN

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
Beckham with just a horrific defensive game so far. Be nice if Quentin ever made a plus defensive play.

There aren't a lot of 2B that make that play or the one that hit off the top of his glove.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:02 AM)
There aren't a lot of 2B that make that play or the one that hit off the top of his glove.

The one that hit off the top was an easy play that he just didn't jump in time. The last one was the most difficult, but he can feel free to make at least one tough play out of all these difficult chances.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
The one that hit off the top was an easy play that he just didn't jump in time. The last one was the most difficult, but he can feel free to make at least one tough play out of all these difficult chances.

That I agree with. He's had 3 non-conventional plays so far in this game and failed to make any of them, you'd hope he'd come away with AT LEAST one.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:04 AM)
That I agree with. He's had 3 non-conventional plays so far in this game and failed to make any of them, you'd hope he'd come away with AT LEAST one.

He just looks lazy out there tonight

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
Beckham with just a horrific defensive game so far. Be nice if Quentin ever made a plus defensive play.

I don't know if his bat is effecting his glove or what, but there has been 3 balls hit in Beckham's vicinity today, and he should have made at least 2 of the 3 plays, and he hasn't made a single one.

And Quentin's gotta make that throw. If he throws it anywhere near home plate, he's got the out.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
I don't know if his bat is effecting his glove or what, but there has been 3 balls hit in Beckham's vicinity today, and he should have made at least 2 of the 3 plays, and he hasn't made a single one.

And Quentin's gotta make that throw. If he throws it anywhere near home plate, he's got the out.

Well, if his defense starts to slump, it could be the ticket out that many have been clamoring for. That is one thing Ozzie really does not tolerate.