Adam Dunn Trade rumor thread

TheChrisSamsa

Ya I understand Kenny had to at least get Jackson before the dunn part. Making it a non-traditional 3-way deal. I think he played this right, if the Nats didn't value Hudson, then they won't care that he isn't in the deal so we can keep Jackson. If they refuse to only deal for Jackson+more then we can deal him. If the deal faulters, Kenny still did the right thing in at least obtaining Jackson incase the deal does indeed go south, he still has a more proven arm for the run. Not the best move, but he executed it well in my opinion.

Edited by Pumpkin Escobar

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JimBowdenXMFOX

White Sox still discussing Dunn and Berkman but a scout told Mark Gonzalez Chisox chasing a reliever as well....DC next w/Bill Ladson

5 minutes ago via web

JimBowdenXMFOX

Bill Ladson reports that the Nats will take the draft picks for Dunn if they can't get what they want because it worked w/Soriano (JZim)

1 minute ago via web

JimBowdenXMFOX

Bill Ladson reports that if Adam Dunn is traded that he thinks it will be to the Chicago White Sox

less than 10 seconds ago via web

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
JimBowdenXMFOX

White Sox still discussing Dunn and Berkman but a scout told Mark Gonzalez Chisox chasing a reliever as well....DC next w/Bill Ladson

5 minutes ago via web

JimBowdenXMFOX

Bill Ladson reports that the Nats will take the draft picks for Dunn if they can't get what they want because it worked w/Soriano (JZim)

1 minute ago via web

JimBowdenXMFOX

Bill Ladson reports that if Adam Dunn is traded that he thinks it will be to the Chicago White Sox

less than 10 seconds ago via web

Jim Bowden is growing wings at the rate of tweets he's been spewing. lol

Twins got better. Tigers got better. Yanks going to get better. We got the same. A guy with a 5+ ERA in the NL West isn't going to light the world on fire in the AL. Yeah he is more experienced than Hudson, but he is better by Hudson marginally, if at all. I will seriously puke if all we get out of this deadline is Edwin Jackson who costs 10x what Hudson costs.

A guy with a 5+ ERA in the NL West isn't going to light the world on fire in the AL.

As much as this board mocks the NL, I'm surprised the trade hasn't been criticized more because of this fact. Judging from past comments about the NL, Jackson is going to give up nine runs a game.

listening to the pregame on the score, farmio was interviewing ozzie before the game and asked him about getting jackson and about harrell getting the start. ozzie completely avoided mentioning anything about jackson. it just made me think he is on his way to washington. maybe reading way too much into it, but i would think the manager of the ballclub would answer a question about a new player added, not the minor leaguer called up for a spot start.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
As much as this board mocks the NL, I'm surprised the trade hasn't been criticized more because of this fact. Judging from past comments about the NL, Jackson is going to give up nine runs a game.

except for the fact that his xFIP this year is in the 4.2 range, and his ERA last year was 3.61 in the american league

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)

Jackson is 3-0 vs AL this year and has pitched into the 7th inning 10 times.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:46 PM)
@CSNChi_Beatnik -

Jackson is merely the most crucial piece to securing Adam Dunn...The big fella is on his way to Chicago, friends. Waiting on Nats sign-off.

Edwin is the prize Nats covet. I'd say Edwin-Viciedo possible but pricey. Morel, I could see. A Triple-A starter, I could see.

Anyone who advocates trading Viciedo has a screw loose. The hell with the Nats and Dunn. Keep Jackson and play the offensive hand we've been dealt.

QUOTE (ChiCard @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
Anyone who advocates trading Viciedo has a screw loose. The hell with the Nats and Dunn. Keep Jackson and play the offensive hand we've been dealt.

I am so OVAH Adam Dunn to the Sox. The Nats have priced themselves out of the trade market with Kenny. They are demanding Viciedo AND Jackson and Kenny ain't gonna do that.

The Dunn deal is dead. As it should be. Kenny is targeting another big bat and this time tomorrow he's gonna have it.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
I am so OVAH Adam Dunn to the Sox. The Nats have priced themselves out of the trade market with Kenny. They are demanding Viciedo AND Jackson and Kenny ain't gonna do that.

The Dunn deal is dead. As it should be. Kenny is targeting another big bat and this time tomorrow he's gonna have it.

I agree I think Hawpe and Jackson are outatandig addtions.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)

Sweet, maybe we can trade our most valuable piece in Dan Hud- Wait, s***. That's not going to happen.

Ken_Rosenthal #Nationals don't seem ready to budge. So, barring mystery team, hard to see Dunn deal. #WhiteSox can wait until Aug. - Alex Rios time. #MLB

24 minutes ago

Ken_Rosenthal #WhiteSox saying, again, that they are out on Dunn. If that's true, Dunn could stay with #Nationals. #Rays only in at rt price (MORE) #MLB

28 minutes ago

Way to play yourself out of a deal Rizzo

Ken_Rosenthal #Nationals don't seem ready to budge. So, barring mystery team, hard to see Dunn deal. #WhiteSox can wait until Aug. - Alex Rios time. #MLB

24 minutes ago

Ken_Rosenthal #WhiteSox saying, again, that they are out on Dunn. If that's true, Dunn could stay with #Nationals. #Rays only in at rt price (MORE) #MLB

28 minutes ago

Way to play yourself out of a deal Rizzo

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
Sweet, maybe we can trade our most valuable piece in Dan Hud- Wait, s***. That's not going to happen.

Why does everyone consider Hudson "our most valuable" to every team? How do you know what every other team considers valuable? How do you know that there's not a team

that doesn't covet a young power bat like Viciedo who's mashing in the bigs to all fields like a veteran at 21 over Hudson who crapped his pants in the bigs at 23?

Tonight Lucas freaking Harrell just showed twice the sac on the mound that Hudson ever has.

QUOTE (ChiCard @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
Hudson is Ruffcorn, McCarthy, Broadway, Poreda, Dexter Carter, etc, etc......

Yes, because Hudson is exactly like all of those guys that you just rattled off the top of your head. The facts as of now appear to be simple: KW got played out of the best trade piece we had. I don’t care about our past trading history. I care about the present and the future. Dan Hudson appeared to have a pretty big part to play in the puzzle.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:04 PM)
I agree I think Hawpe and Jackson are outatandig addtions.

Jackson -Yes.

Hawpe -No.

Right team. Wrong guy.

Ian Stewart should be the COL target.

Edited by bucket-of-suck