7/5 - LAAoA @ Chicago

Heads22

I like him because from all indications he's simply a good guy.

I also never said that he should be put right back into the lineup. We have to see how Dayan does with a lot more playing time. He's still probably a better option than Gordon at second base at this point, unless you think Lillibridge is the answer.

I just find the amount of hate that he gets right now ridiculous, when you can point to our pitchers and other guys with the bats that were far larger contributors to why we sucked than Mark.

I agree he appears to be a class guy. He seems really great in interviews. I wish him the best but he should be on a lousy team if he wants to be a regular.

No offense, but he's also not a second baseman.

He's really a bad infielder. He just doesn't bring much to the table on a contending baseball team.

Trust me, he sucked in Kansas City and fans were so happy to see him go.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
I agree he appears to be a class guy. He seems really great in interviews. I wish him the best but he should be on a lousy team if he wants to be a regular.

No offense, but he's also not a second baseman.

He's really a bad infielder. He just doesn't bring much to the table on a contending baseball team.

Trust me, he sucked in Kansas City and fans were so happy to see him go.

What they got in return from him was less valuable than what he was.

But, you're right, we couldn't use a guy hitting over .285 against righties.

But, you're right, we couldn't use a guy hitting over .285 against righties.

He sucks at second as well.

I think of Teahen as a step below Ross Gload. Or similar to Ross Gload. He's just not very good.

Let him play twice a week against righties if we have to. I'm telling you though, if we are in the race, he could really be buzzkill.

I do hope we can acquire a big stick soon from somewhere. what's happened to the Dunn talk?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
I just don't like Teahen.

I saw what he brought to the table for years in KC and said immediately it was a bad idea to bring him in.

Viciedo right now is the opposite of buzzkill.

Teahen fielded terribly and is a mediocre to bad hitter who strikes out all the time.

Aside from that, he's fine.

Teahen's a backup @ best. But, my question is: why do the White Sox need Teahen as a backup?

Omar and Lillibridge have been performing better (both offensively and defensively)than Teahen did as a starter.

DEFENSE is a big reason why the White Sox pitching has performed so well, over the past month. NOT Coincidently, Teahen has been on the DL during the winning surge.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 05:24 AM)
Teahen's bat isn't my concern, his glove is. I'd be willing to try him at 2nd, but I don't want to see him at 3rd.

I thought his glove was really starting to come around before he got hurt. I loved the trade when it happened, mostly for his glove, I still think Teahen is going to be a good player for us before all is said and done, and for anyone thinking that Omar is going to be the answer for the rest of the season, your out of your mind.