7/11 - Royals @ Sox

Heads22

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Hudson not looking so hot at all. Good thing our offense decided to be ridiculous today.

His stuff looks pretty good. Its his location that is off. That pitch that Guillen jacked was a low inside pitch. Not a bad pitch, just a bad pitch to that guy. With the score 8-1 you have the kid throw strikes.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Dude gives up a lot of fly-balls.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
He didn't do this in the minors.

His pitches have been great when the ball is down, well placed and decent movement. When it gets up, it looks like batting practice.

This isnt what i wanted to see from hudson, not taking away anything from this outing because i know his peripherals arent this bad, but sucks he's succumbing to his nerves. With his stuff he could dominate the royals, i dont care what their team BA is

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
With a little more patience, I think Viciedo can become a Billy Butler-like hitter. Hits the ball hard and lots of line drives.

That's the type of career arc I'm hoping for. Although maybe with the HR power coming on a little sooner (almost by default because of the difference in their home parks) and not quite as good of a BA

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
This isnt what i wanted to see from hudson, not taking away anything from this outing because i know his peripherals arent this bad, but sucks he's succumbing to his nerves. With his stuff he could dominate the royals, i dont care what their team BA is

Well, we'll give him more than just one start.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
Is Hudson the next Dewon Day with regards to his slider? He hasn't thrown a single good slider today. His change-up is better than advertised.

With his velocity up a few ticks, you can sock this up to nerves. Its hard to throw a good slider if you overthrow it. You have to allow your action to take over so the pitch can spin enough to bite. His slider was better last year. I would say however, they need to use that straight change more. You mix up his pretty good moving fastball with that change and he should be okay.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
So, why is Jose Guillem even playing? It's obvious he's hurt.

This is KC we're talking about, they're not very logical.

Juan is on.