7/11 - Royals @ Sox

Heads22

I wouldn't mind seeing Bobby in the 9th of this one, no matter if it is a save situation or not. Hopefully we can get another inning or two out of Tony, and can stretch the lead to Linethreet territory.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
I agree Boesch isn't going to hit .340 but the guy is for real in my opinion. We're going on 240 ABs here and he really hasn't had any prolonged slumps. The ball jumps off his bat and he's going to be surrounded by some pretty solid hitters. I expect his BA to fade a bit, but not so much his power numbers.

Boesch hits a lot of fly balls and ground balls, not so many line drives. His batted ball slash is 16.5/40/40, or something close to that. The fact that he has a .390 BABIP while hitting 80% of his hits in the air or on the ground doesn't make much sense. You're not going to get away with that much luck. He won't hit .340, but I don't even know if he's going to hit .300.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
I wouldn't mind seeing Bobby in the 9th of this one, no matter if it is a save situation or not. Hopefully we can get another inning or two out of Tony, and can stretch the lead to Linethreet territory.

He hasn't pitched alot the last couple weeks so I agree a few pitches in he 9th wouldn't hurt Jenks

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
He was a two pitch pitcher, and his fastball was flat and getting destroyed. One thing is that he doesn't have a lot of sink on his fastball. Great job Pena!

The million dollar question is then do we stick with him as #5 or look for a trade?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
Boesch hits a lot of fly balls and ground balls, not so many line drives. His batted ball slash is 16.5/40/40, or something close to that. The fact that he has a .390 BABIP while hitting 80% of his hits in the air or on the ground doesn't make much sense. You're not going to get away with that much luck. He won't hit .340, but I don't even know if he's going to hit .300.

Yeah, that's a bit odd, to hit for that high of an average without a lot of line drives. He must be hitting the ball very hard is all I can say. You don't slug .600 without hitting a lot of ground ball doubles, or a lot of deep gappers and home runs.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
I agree Boesch isn't going to hit .340 but the guy is for real in my opinion. We're going on 240 ABs here and he really hasn't had any prolonged slumps. The ball jumps off his bat and he's going to be surrounded by some pretty solid hitters. I expect his BA to fade a bit, but not so much his power numbers.

I doubt he is in the league in a couple seasons. His minor league numbers suggest such. Very mediocre minor league career. I see him being a flash in the pan.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
Yeah, that's a bit odd, to hit for that high of an average without a lot of line drives. He must be hitting the ball very hard is all I can say. You don't slug .600 without hitting a lot of ground ball doubles, or a lot of deep gappers and home runs.

That's the only explanation. Thing is, you can't always direct who you hit the ball at.

Oh come on, relax. Hudson has good stuff. Making your first start of the season isn't something to just wave off. He was obviously over throwing and wasn't ocating the ball today.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
Dan Hudson looks like another great career minor leaguer.

I have no faith in Williams developing pitchers he drafts.

Too bad, we're going to really miss Peavy.

We have traded away Richards, Ely and Gonzalez just to name three who haven't done all that bad. I hope Hudson is just experiencing nerves and will show us something in his next satrt, if he gets one

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 12:42 PM)
Oh come on, relax. Hudson has good stuff. Making your first start of the season isn't something to just wave off. He was obviously over throwing and wasn't ocating the ball today.

thank you. He's also facing the best hitting team in the league.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
I doubt he is in the league in a couple seasons. His minor league numbers suggest such. Very mediocre minor league career. I see him being a flash in the pan.

Or a late bloomer. Slugged over .500 in AA last year and close to .600 in about half that many abs this year.

I always defer to your statistical knowledge Qwerty, but I've seen enough of this kid to think that the light's either gone on all the sudden or he made some sort of adjustment which took him from no one to legitimate ROY candidate.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
thank you. He's also facing the best hitting team in the league.

It's only because they hit a lot of singles. They're far from being the best offense in baseball.