7/15 Games

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
Morel is 3-3 with a 2B and 2 RBI. AVG now up to .306 :o He is now hitting .432 over his past 10 games.

I'm not so sure I want him traded anymore, though his value must be increasing.

My "plan" for next year is as follows...

Konerko becomes a FA.

Viciedo moves to 1B.

Morel takes over 3B.

Quentin becomes our DH.

This leaves an OF spot open for Kenny to sign a FA (Crawford would be awesome), or he can try and trade Teahen somewhere in hopes of getting an OF in return.

LF Pierre

RF Crawford

CF Rios

DH Quentin

1B Viciedo

2B Beckham

C Flowers/AJ/???

SS Alexei

3B Morel

That would be pretty fine w/ me.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 02:13 AM)
Short with his 14th homer. Kid must be eating his Wheaties or something, as he's improved his HR per AB each month.

I'm loving Short.

Also, I don't want to move Morel unless it were for Dan Haren.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
Morel is probably more useful to the Sox than he is as a trade chip. He's not exactly a top 100 prospect in the majors.

I agree - he's not a guy on most radars it seems, but he's done basically the same thing at each level - broef adjustment, then rake. Add in his plus defense, and I really like the idea of him being the Sox 3B in 2011. That means Viciedo can be 1B/DH, and that gives the team one less hole to fill.

Also, nice to see Wilkins raking so far.

And I have to admit, with as long as he was out and injured, Jose Martinez had pretty much dropped off my radar. He's still pretty young, if he can put it together, with the physical tools he's said to have... that would be a nice comeback story.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)
I agree - he's not a guy on most radars it seems, but he's done basically the same thing at each level - broef adjustment, then rake. Add in his plus defense, and I really like the idea of him being the Sox 3B in 2011. That means Viciedo can be 1B/DH, and that gives the team one less hole to fill.

Also, nice to see Wilkins raking so far.

And I have to admit, with as long as he was out and injured, Jose Martinez had pretty much dropped off my radar. He's still pretty young, if he can put it together, with the physical tools he's said to have... that would be a nice comeback story.

Yeah I feel i've been the only one talking about him since that leg injury. If he can keep producing as he is currently the rest of the year, I think he immediately jumps back on to the radar. BA had him in their top 10 a couple years ago and with his build he definitely has potential. He's still young enough too where he has time to develop. Granted, it's a small sample size but it appears his power might be up some too.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)

The one thing that is holding Morel back from showing up on everyone's radar is the power numbers. I still think there's more in his frame than we've seen in those terms though, and I'll bet he'll show some of it if he stays in Charlotte for 2011.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 08:30 AM)
The one thing that is holding Morel back from showing up on everyone's radar is the power numbers. I still think there's more in his frame than we've seen in those terms though, and I'll bet he'll show some of it if he stays in Charlotte for 2011.

He hit 16 HR last year, 4 so far this year. Doesn't worry me a ton just yet. In a park like Charlotte, with him adjusting well, I'd be the power comes next and he hits a handful as the rest of the season wears on.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 02:09 AM)
My "plan" for next year is as follows...

Konerko becomes a FA.

Viciedo moves to 1B.

Morel takes over 3B.

Quentin becomes our DH.

This leaves an OF spot open for Kenny to sign a FA (Crawford would be awesome), or he can try and trade Teahen somewhere in hopes of getting an OF in return.

LF Pierre

RF Crawford

CF Rios

DH Quentin

1B Viciedo

2B Beckham

C Flowers/AJ/???

SS Alexei

3B Morel

That would be pretty fine w/ me.

that would also be pretty fine by me. I wouldn't mind seeing what it would take to get Doumit as well.