7/24 GT: Sox @ A's - 3:10 CDT - FOX

knightni

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
And I'm confident he will give up Hudson if he does get one of them.

If it's Fielder, that's one thing. If he gives up Hudson or Beckham for Dunn, it will make me hate the front office's decision to not bring back Thome even more.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
If it's Fielder, that's one thing. If he gives up Hudson or Beckham for Dunn, it will make me hate the front office's decision to not bring back Thome even more.

I said the other day that playing in what's typically been a weak division has killed our farm during the KW era. It'd be nice to go into a season without glaring holes in which we have to overpay to shore them up.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
There is absolutely no way he gives up Beckham, right? someone please tell me im right.

I'm confident he won't. What KW needs to do is find a lefty bat that won't require him giving up Beckham and Hudson.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)

I'm fine with giving up Hudson if we get Fielder in return. In no way would I trade him for Dunn.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
I'm fine with giving up Hudson if we get Fielder in return. In no way would I trade him for Dunn.

Who would be our 5th starter the rest of the way (and don't forget the uncertainty that Garcia can hold up the rest of this season)

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
And I'm confident he will give up Hudson if he does get one of them.

And if he gives up Hudson or Beckman, I'm going to be very angry.

Unless you're bring me a signed and sealed Pujols.

And that ain't happening.

Get Dunn or Fielder in free agency, please don't give these guys up.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
I'm fine with giving up Hudson if we get Fielder in return.

I genuinely am feeling like this deal makes us worse this season. Fielder has been worth 3 wins above replacement this season (and has been only slightly below average in the field). Stuck at DH, he's probably worth another 2-3 wins above Kotsay. OTOH, if the 5th starter spot has 10 slots left, if all Hudson does is go .500, compared to Torres or Pena, that's gotta cost us 2-3 wins if we have to give him up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
Who would be our 5th starter the rest of the way (and don't forget the uncertainty that Garcia can hold up the rest of this season)

We would just have to live with somebody like Torres throwing BP every fifth day. I would be willing to live with that to get a guy like Fielder in his prime.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
I genuinely am feeling like this deal makes us worse this season. Fielder has been worth 3 wins above replacement this season (and has been only slightly below average in the field). Stuck at DH, he's probably worth another 2-3 wins above Kotsay. OTOH, if the 5th starter spot has 10 slots left, if all Hudson does is go .500, compared to Torres or Pena, that's gotta cost us 2-3 wins if we have to give him up.

Oh snaps. Balta has hopped on the sabermetric train.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)

Torres has thrown 120 innings at CHarlotte and put up a 3.40 ERA. He has to be next in line.

Of course, you'd probably have to deal him as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)

Well said, and I couldn't agree more. Realistically, Luke Scott should be our main target. Also, don't forget that Fielder doesn't really solve the issue that is "Carlos Quentin's fragility".