Trade Thread...Latest Trade News Here...

Heads22

July 31st

KC gets: Al Levine

Tampa Bay gets: cash

Cincinatti gets: Brandon Claussen and Charlie Manning

NY Yankees get: Aaron Boone

Yankees get: Gabe White

Reds get: PTBNL

Giants get: Sidney Ponson

Orioles get: Kurt Ainsworth and Damian Moss and a minor leaguer.

Dodgers get: Robin Ventura

Yankees get: Bubba Crosby and Scott Proctor.

Boston gets: Jeff Suppan, Brandon Lyon and Anastacio Martinez

Pittsburgh gets: Freddy Sanchez, Mike Gonzalez and cash

July 30th

Oakland gets: Jose Guillen

Cincinnati gets: Aaron Harang, Jeff Bruksch and Joe Valentine

Chicago Cubs get: Doug Glanville

Texas gets: Jason Fransz and cash

July 29th

Sox get: Scott Schoeneweis and Doug Nickle

Anaheim gets: Gary Glover, Scott Dunn and Tim Bittner

Seattle gets: Rey Sanchez

New York Mets get: Kenny Kelly

Cincinnati gets: Chris Michalak

Colorado gets: PTBNL

Cincinnati gets: Phil Dumatrait, a PTBNL and cash

Boston gets: Scott Williamson

Houston gets: Dan Miceli

New York Yankees get: a PTBNL or cash considerations.

Arizona gets: Raul Mondesi and cash

New York Yankees get: David Dellucci,Bret Prinz and Jon-Mark Sprowl

July 28th

Kansas City gets: Graeme Lloyd

New York Mets get: Jeremy Hill

July 24th

Texas gets: Frankie Francisco, Josh Rupe and Anthony Webster

Chicago White Sox get: Completion of Everett Deal

July 22nd

Pittsburgh gets: Brandon Lyon and Anastacio Martinez

Boston gets: Scott Sauerbeck and Mike Gonzalez

Pittsburgh gets: Jose Hernandez, Matt Bruback and a PTBNL

Chicago Cubs get: Kenny Lofton and Armais Ramirez

New York Yankees get: Jesse Orosco

San Diego gets: a PTBNL or cash considerations

Especially if Ventura heads to the Dodgers.

Think the Yanks get a guy better then Rockin Robin and they'll add like 6.5 mill (counting whatever cash they sent over) and then they'll deal Robin, probably pick up part of his salary but still save quite a bit of money.

Got to give Cashman credit on this one.

Especially if Ventura heads to the Dodgers.

Think the Yanks get a guy better then Rockin Robin and they'll add like 6.5 mill (counting whatever cash they sent over) and then they'll deal Robin, probably pick up part of his salary but still save quite a bit of money.

Got to give Cashman credit on this one.

Ya they dealt Robin to LA

Basically, the Yanks are only adding $1 million after the trades. Boone's and White's salary's combined are about what Ventura's is, but the Dodgers are picking up all of Ventura's contract, so all the Yanks are adding is the $1 million they sent to the Reds.

That turns into a real good deal by the Yanks.

Also a solid move by the Dodgers although I don't know why they gave up two guys. Either way Ventura automatically has the 2nd highest OBP on the Dodgers now.

I'm guessing Rockin Robin will play first.

Baltimore definitely got the best of that one...

Nah no way. Its a pretty good deal for both teams. Ponson is young, and has potential to be a VERY good pitcher. Also, he may just give the Giants what they need to win it all this season.

Nah no way. Its a pretty good deal for both teams. Ponson is young, and has potential to be a VERY good pitcher. Also, he may just give the Giants what they need to win it all this season.

Sounds like Ponson will walk after this year. Baltimore gets three stud arms, they definately ripped off the Giants.

Sounds like Ponson will walk after this year. Baltimore gets three stud arms, they definately ripped off the Giants.

Those pitchers are far from studs. Topside of average pitchers with all 3. Ponson is the only stud in the bunch, and he was added to one of the best teams in baseball. The giants made a very wise trade.

I have to agree with Bmr here. If the Giants win it all, and Ponson is a big contributor to it, I don't care if Ainsworth, Moss, and Hannaman become the best 1-2-3 combo since Oakland. The Gaints win, plain and simple.

So soon do we forget that George Bell has still won more division crowns with the White Sox then SamME So-So has with the Cubs.

Whos Hannaman? The third guy Baltimore got? Is he any good?

Hannaman is a very good prospect. He was in A ball this year. Here's a report on Hannaman:

5. Ryan Hannaman - SP - DOB: 8/28/81 - ETA: 2005/2006

Notes: Every organization wishes they had a pitching prospect like Ryan Hannaman. Hannaman is a 6' 3", 200 pound projectable lefty with good stuff. He's improved every year and is off to a hot start in High A-San Jose. The 21-year old has 65 strikeouts in 46 2/3 innings. Hannaman has struggled with his command. He'll need to harness control of his pitches before he makes it to the majors. Still, so far so good for Hannaman. He has top of the rotation potential.

I think the Giants really paid a steep price for Ponson. Consider that they traded away Russ Ortiz for Damian Moss, then they trade Moss and two more quality arms for Ponson. Hmmmm, has Kenny Williams been spotted in San Francisco lately? :D

I think the Giants really paid a steep price for Ponson.  Consider that they traded away Russ Ortiz for Damian Moss, then they trade Moss and two more quality arms for Ponson. Hmmmm,  has Kenny Williams been spotted in San Francisco lately?  :D

They were trying to get rid of Russ Ortiz. We just about had Ortiz, before we got Colon. It seems money was a factor; Ortiz makes $4.6+ million, while Moss makes $1.5+ million, and is 3 years younger. Moss wasn't awful for the Giants, you just need to give something up to get a pitcher the quality of Ponson. Ponson is seen as a high quality number two in the rotation pitcher. Moss would not have had as big of a role with the team, especially in the playoffs, as Ponson will.

I don't see it as a lopsided deal either. To me Moss is no better than a #4 starter (#3 tops) and while the other two may be good prospects, the Giants already have Williams and Foppert. Remember when the Sox had a ton of guys "ready" for the big leagues? Obviously it doesn't always work out for you, but the Giants feel those two will be very good. They don't have room for 3 or 4 young guys to all be in the rotation at the same time, so they part with a couple. By doing that they get a guy that everyone on this board wanted for the Sox. A guy who most people think has a good chance to put SF over the top.

Hell yeah I do this trade if I am Sabean. I go deep into the playoffs again and possibly win th WS. Then, I go to Ponson and say "let's get a deal done. You belong in SF". If I sign him then it is the best trade I ever made. If I don't, then I took a shot at winning the WS and shouldn't be faulted.