Athletics (Anderson 2-1, 2.35) @ White Sox (Harrell 0-0, 0.00)

Ozzie wants to be recognized as a great in-game strategist.

He'll never be.

He's at his best when the game basically calls for him to sit tight and do nothing.

He does? Why would you say that? Evidence please.

Also, what managers are great in game strategists?

It seems to me most of them do the same things and most of their home team fans b**** about what they do?

Who is a great in game strategist? Cox? LaRussa? And how many of their games have you studied?

Edited by greg775

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
We better not trade Viciedo. I really think he'd be a productive DH w/out even trading for one. The guy can hit. Problem is he's gonna make a lot of outs cause he'll never walk.

I'll be sick if we deal him.

f*** the DH idea, I still think he can turn into at least a serviceable 3B. He's got a gun of an arm that I'd hate to see wasted at 1B or DH, and he is athletic for a big guy. His hands need work though, but if he works hard and religiously in the offseason, I think they can be improved. Its easier to fix a 3B with hands problems then it is to fix a 3B with slow reflexes or inconsistent throws.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
f*** the DH idea, I still think he can turn into at least a serviceable 3B. He's got a gun of an arm that I'd hate to see wasted at 1B or DH, and he is athletic for a big guy. His hands need work though, but if he works hard and religiously in the offseason, I think they can be improved. Its easier to fix a 3B with hands problems then it is to fix a 3B with slow reflexes or inconsistent throws.

You just described Teahen :(

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
For someone with a near 5 ERA, I like Tony a lot.

I cringe everytime he comes out. He's a dumb pitcher, and when he's bad, he's real bad. And its just really frustrating with the stuff he has... but good work tonight!