White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
So you'd rather have Kotsay as our DH over Manny?

Frankly, I don't want a juicer on my team.

That said...he's not going to play the rest of the season without at least 1 more DL trip and we shouldn't pretend otherwise. There's a legit chance he comes back out, runs the bases any day, and then misses the rest of the season because of it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
It doesn't matter if one of his ligaments gives out.

So he is an injury risk? We have another talented outfielder who is an injury risk that no one seems to want to get rid of. All players have risks and if Manny's is he might get a booboo swinging a bat while he posts a .925 OPS for us and it doesn't take any major prospects, I'll take it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)

That said...he's not going to play the rest of the season without at least 1 more DL trip and we shouldn't pretend otherwise. There's a legit chance he comes back out, runs the bases any day, and then misses the rest of the season because of it.

Why is he on the DL?

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
So he is an injury risk? We have another talented outfielder who is an injury risk that no one seems to want to get rid of. All players have risks and if Manny's is he might get a booboo swinging a bat while he posts a .925 OPS for us and it doesn't take any major prospects, I'll take it.

If it didn't take any prospects it'd have been done already.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:55 AM)

How can you say that? Who are you to predict an injury on a player? I respect you as a poster but right now it seems like you're letting an anti-juicer rage get to your head.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)

The Sox have had juicers on their team, both known and unknown to the public

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
How can you say that? Who are you to predict an injury on a player? I respect you as a poster but right now it seems like you're letting an anti-juicer rage get to your head.

I have no problem with being on an anti-juicer rage and you can accuse me of that all you want.

He's on the DL for the 3rd time this season right now, all of them different injuries. Could he stay healhty for 3 months as a DH? Possibly, but let's not pretend that it's even close to likely.

His body has been through hell for the past 20 years.

i personally think its naive to think that there havent been plenty and plenty of juicers that have played for the sox over the last 10 years....

the steroids thing is a non-issue for me, as I believe just about every player (or at least 90%) have at least experimented with stuff at some point...i agree 100% that manny is a risk because of injury and age, and maybe the roids have something to do with it as well. However, im not gonna not want him on the sox just cuz he got caught with roids.

You honestly think that no one on our current roster has taken steroids in the past? Come on, a good chunk of the league has probably used and you'll never actually know. You just going to hate the guys that get caught?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
i personally think its naive to think that there havent been plenty and plenty of juicers that have played for the sox over the last 10 years....

the steroids thing is a non-issue for me, as I believe just about every player (or at least 90%) have at least experimented with stuff at some point...i agree 100% that manny is a risk because of injury and age, and maybe the roids have something to do with it as well. However, im not gonna not want him on the sox just cuz he got caught with roids.

Isn't Jurassic a confirmed juicer? Also, I'm going to be cryptic, and I've IM'd a mod the name before, but there was at least one other juicer on the 05 team

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
You honestly think that no one on our current roster has taken steroids in the past? Come on, a good chunk of the league has probably used and you'll never actually know. You just going to hate the guys that get caught?

Don't have much choice.

Anyway, ManRam isn't just a guy who got caught. He's a guy who's a HOF caliber player thanks to the chemistry.