White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
This thread proves one thing: Nobody cares about steroid users aka 'cheaters' as long as they play for your team (outside of Balta). I really don't want Manny.

then I don't know how you can like any MLB team, even the 05 White Sox, they had known and unknown to the public steroid users on it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
At this point I think we're stuck with the dismal rotating DH debacle.

As much as I hate to see Kotsay in the lineup 4 days a week, I still think that getting a veteran starting pitcher was the right move (even if he's a marginal upgrade over Hudson). In a tight division race, having a legit #5 starter is important.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
then I don't know how you can like any MLB team, even the 05 White Sox, they had known and unknown to the public steroid users on it.

My second favorite player ever is Barry Bonds. I'm just talking about all those holier than thou posters who've ripped guys like Bonds, AROD, and Sosa to shreds over the years. I've never really cared about steroids (long as Frank's never done them, of course).

It's not about the Steriods. The majority of baseball were juiced and yes even sox players probably many sox players included. It was a culture in baseball, it's too bad but get over it. What is about is adding a great hitter a true professional hitter to a great team that just bolstered their rotation. Manny is a smart move.

Cowley comes off as smug. But in a really difficult business he kind of has this niche as being the crusty wise ass guy. It works for him, and if people complain about him here, they're pretty much reacting exactly like he would want.

He's becoming (become?) the most well known guy who covers the team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
I really hope KW didn't put all of his eggs into the Berkman/Dunn/Manny baskets. All three of them were huge longshots.

Berkman obviously wasn't a longshot. I don't know how you would know Berkman didn't want to go to Chicago going into those negotiations.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
Disagree on the Cowley bashing. He does a damn good job covering the team.

No one is bashing him.

Just saying I happen to know for a fact that he has been purely guessing as much as the rest of us here over the past 36 hours.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
With multiple reports saying this is over looks like KW may have moved on and will check back later hopefuly.

sounds like many think he'll clear waivers, so LAD might wait to see if they jump back in the race or fall out.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:55 PM)
Gammons on MLB Network flat out,

I think the chances are good that he could be traded in August. It just makes much more sense for them to wait, unless they are given a very good prospect to encourage them to trade him today.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
I'll give credit to KW for being creative. He obviously thought he could get a good deal (cheaper than Dunn) for Manny. If that doesn't happen then so be it.

Yep, you have to love our GM makes things interesting. Hopefuly he has another few hours of edge of your sit drama left in him. I really hope we get SOMETHING.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:45 PM)
This thread proves one thing: Nobody cares about steroid users aka 'cheaters' as long as they play for your team (outside of Balta). I really don't want Manny.

I don't think that's fair. I hate steroids. I hate the whole era. I dispise the unfairness.

I have a harder time when it comes to the individuals. Who did what when?

I actually kind of forgot about Manny in regards to steroids... it's not the first thing that comes to mind with him like it is with others.

Not sure why.. but I guess Balta's position is more consistent. I don't know why, but it's not about having him on my team vs another. It's more about

my subjective opinion about individual players.