White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)
The Sox should have never been in the position they're in today. When they went with the DH by committee, they said that if it didn't work, they could then acquire someone at the deadline. The thing is, hearing everything about KW makes it seem like he knows more than anyone that he needs to find another bat.

I understand Fathom. But you see what is going on now. You guys are acting like two spoiled kids crying to their parents..."but YOU said we could go to the circus today!"

They made a mistake. It's over. You move forward.

Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do right now considering how crazy Rizzo is acting.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
the milk was spilled months ago. crying about it now wont change a thing

Thing is were were "crying" about it in March. But everything was going to be OK. Kw was going to upgrade at the deadline if we were in it. This was said about 47346438367347438944 times.

Dodgers get Lilly and The Riot - now it's time to figure out how we can help them get to the playoffs if we want to get Manny.

I like the idea of taking Manny but don't think it will happen.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:13 PM)
I understand Fathom. But you see what is going on now. You guys are acting like two spoiled kids crying to their parents..."but YOU said we could go to the circus today!"

They made a mistake. It's over. You move forward.

Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do right now considering how crazy Rizzo is acting.

well there's also August and 1:45 left today.

I know people block waivers, but a lot of good players also get through.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
Thing is were were "crying" about it in March. But everything was going to be OK. Kw was going to upgrade at the deadline if we were in it. This was said about 47346438367347438944 times.

more than that after today, which is my point.

I will be disappointed if nothing gets done, but this is by no means the end of the world

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)

I don't think anyone would have guaranteed that because we obviously don't have crystal balls, KW is trying to get better at the deadline, and honestly, this may not be popular, but I would rather have KW have the resources to go after the names that's been mentioned as aggressively as he has then have Damon or Matsui on this team... obviously they would be an upgrade to Kotsay, not much wouldn't be, but KW was/is looking for something bigger.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
well there's also August and 1:45 left today.

I know people block waivers, but a lot of good players also get through.

Oh I agree....I'm just trying to brace them for nothing more happening today :)

I'd bet anyone $ that the man in dreadlocks is on this team by the end of August.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:17 PM)
But at the end of the day I don't think we have the roster to overtake NY or Tampa in the post season.

No one has the roster, or will ever have the roster this year, to overtake NY on talent.

It's a 5 or 7 game series. Anything can happen.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
Oh I agree....I'm just trying to brace them for nothing more happening today :)

I'd bet anyone $ that the man in dreadlocks is on this team by the end of August.

I dunno. That's a lot of money to pick up for a 1 month rental when we can't even crack 30K on a Friday night in July when we're in 1st place.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
But at the end of the day I don't think we have the roster to overtake NY or Tampa in the post season.

all depends on how rotations stack up, with Danks, Floyd and MB and the pen ready to roll the Sox can beat anybody, especially in a 5 game, not favorites, but not ridiculous underdogs. Also, if they happen to face NYY MB and Danks help neutralize Berkman because he has been terrible against lefties this year.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
all depends on how rotations stack up, with Danks, Floyd and MB and the pen ready to roll the Sox can beat anybody, especially in a 5 game, not favorites, but not ridiculous underdogs. Also, if they happen to face NYY MB and Danks help neutralize Berkman because he has been terrible against lefties this year.

Yankees got Kearns to face LHP. Berkman will not be facing LHP, and neither will Granderson.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:18 PM)
I dunno. That's a lot of money to pick up for a 1 month rental when we can't even crack 30K on a Friday night in July when we're in 1st place.

JR has said it at least twice, once in ST and once about a month or two ago, that the Sox have money if there's an impact player, so I have no idea where it's coming from, but the Sox also own a quarter of a cable network and are in the third largest media market and the ad revenues from it help. Not saying attendance isn't important, but the market alone give the Sox some advantage over attendance than many other teams.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)

Not even worth thinking about those two teams when we've got the Twins right on our ass. Mauer is heating up and Morneau should be back soon. Aren't they like 13-3 since Bobby's epic choke? Nobody saw that coming (sarcasm).

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)

You don't necessarily have to claim him on waivers. If he clears, you can negotiate with them just like we are right now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
Not even worth thinking about those two teams when we've got the Twins right on our ass. Mauer is heating up and Morneau should be back soon. Aren't they like 13-3 since Bobby's epic choke? Nobody saw that coming (sarcasm).

They are going to Tampa soon.