White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
Hell no. The Sox dont need to trade any more prospects. This power hitter could of been signed the last two Winters for no prospects. (Matsui, Vlad, Dunn, Thome, Manny, Abreu, Damon, BYRD)

So all we need is a time machine?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Again, you want Luke Scott up there in the Postseason rather than Manny?

Looking forward as in 2011 and beyond.

Manny's $15 million in deferred money worries me.

TBrownYahoo Luke Scott getting play. But, not from the Dodgers.

Maybe it's us? =D

I bet that we've inquired about just about everyone... seems like Kenny is in super insane mode like never before.

Off-topic, but why has ESPN had golf, BMX, and tennis on all day? I want to watch some damn trade rumor coverage! I am 90% last year they had an hour long special from 2-3 PM to cover until the end of the trade deadline. This is crap, I want to see some talk....

Really, I'm happy they're at least showing sports. Besides, coverage would be pretty much all Lance Berkman and what the Red Sox might do.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
Off-topic, but why has ESPN had golf, BMX, and tennis on all day? I want to watch some damn trade rumor coverage! I am 90% last year they had an hour long special from 2-3 PM to cover until the end of the trade deadline. This is crap, I want to see some talk....

MLB Network

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Luke Scott still worries the s*** out of me. The price is going to be high and he's probably going to have a nice regression here. (which may have started in the Toronto series)

Yeah, I don't like the odds of him being a huge improvement, especially if we need to give them Flowers and Mitchell.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:08 PM)
I really feel like this is all scripted to go down to the last minute. Don't know who well get but I truly cannot see KW going home empty handed. With The Club, he'll do something I'm telling ya.

there's also waivers, so if he can't pull something off in 50 minutes he'll be busy

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
Buster_ESPN Heard this: Already, a whole lot of speculation among rival FO about whether the White Sox will place a waiver claim on Manny in Aug.#trades

1 minute ago

If they do, it's like a $10+ million 2 month rental.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Scott will get the O's a decent return..but nothing amazing, he's a rental player like Dunn

I think Ozzie would rather have Scott than Dunn to be honest, he can play defense

45 minutes left boys

Scott is NOT a rental player. He's still under team control for 2 more years via arbitration.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Scott will get the O's a decent return..but nothing amazing, he's a rental player like Dunn

I think Ozzie would rather have Scott than Dunn to be honest, he can play defense

45 minutes left boys

it could be an hour and 15 minutes, sometimes deals consummated at the last second take a half hour or so before they are announced

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)

MLB Network?