The Chris Sale Thread

Quin

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
We saw how careful Ozzie was to let Santos pitch in April so expect similar treatment for Sale.

And if Sale responds the same way Sergio did, then that's a scary, scary bullpen.

Especially if Jenks and Linebrink can just be decent.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)
If it were "Lefty one out" guy, then a lot of people, including KW, should be fired. No team in their right mind would ever draft a guy in the first round who they project to be a LOOGY in the long-run.

I think the hope is he can develop into a starter, but if not, he should be a pretty damn good left-handed setup man.

I wish Lance Broadway or Kyle McCullough were good enough to be ROOGYS :headbang

That four pitch walk was not good. Feel sorry for him, but he was facing the lousy O's with not a huge crowd. It's not like he should have been THAT nervous, but s*** happens, especially in ML debuts. Get em next time, Sale.

I agree that's a tough spot for a ML debut. On the other hand, it was the O's and a small crowd.

In hindsight, totally the wrong call by Oz; shoulda waited til we were up 5-1 in a game or down 5-1 cause he wet the bed.

Inexpereinced youth. I didn't get a chance to watch him pitch, but a walk and a hit to your first two batters isn't what the Sox or the kid wanted to see I am sure. Hopefully, he shows us in his next start why he is up with the big boys so quick

Edited by elrockinMT