Game Thread 8/10: MIN v CWS, 7:10pm

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Ozzie ought to find a way to throw Jenks for 2 innings today.

And give us false hope he's ready to assume the closer role again?

Let's just throw away the rest of the season as well as the game.

Minnesota's confidence falls considerably after playing the Sox

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
And give us false hope he's ready to assume the closer role again?

Let's just throw away the rest of the season as well as the game.

Minnesota's confidence falls considerably after playing the Sox

Especially with what we just saw from JJ...this team is just flat out better if they could work Jenks into workable shape again.

QUOTE (SAVVY18 @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
Get Bobby in there to drill a Twinkie in the back. Send a message.

Yeah and the message is: I've been reduced to coming in and drilling one of you guys because I suck as a closer and can't do anything else.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 02:17 AM)
with the exception of you, of course

I highly, highly doubt I was the only person that thought Garcia was a bad match-up vs the Twins tonight with this warm weather and Twins swinging the bats well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
I highly, highly doubt I was the only person that thought Garcia was a bad match-up vs the Twins tonight with this warm weather and Twins swinging the bats well.

Unless he's just overly worn out, I don't know how any of those variables produces the performance we just saw...the sheer number of hanging breaking balls up around the hips...that doesn't seem like a logical outcome of warm weather to me.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
They swung the bats pretty good the first three games of that series as well, but there's no denying that the Jenks game can be pointed to as the turning point of the season if the Twins win the division.

Disagree. The turning point of the season was among the following: (a) the Twins assembling a better lineup than the White Sox in those months traditionally known as "the off-seasoh"; (B) Jake Peavy getting hurt, which meant that a trade of Daniel Hudson was for pitching and not another hitter; and © the White Sox not adding another player to close the gap with the Twins lineup supremacy. At this point, the question -- and the only question -- is the same as it was in March: will the Twins pitching be good enough? Because Minnesota's starting lineup -- WITHOUT Morneau -- is superior to anything the White Sox have rolled out all year. It was that way on April 1st and it hasn't changed at all.

The Freddy Garcia Experience is OVA!

It's a miracle Reinsdorf and company got away this long with this year's version of hoping to catch lighting in a bottle.

They need to grow up and start being major players in free agency.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 02:24 AM)

It's a miracle Reinsdorf and company got away this long with this year's version of hoping to catch lighting in a bottle.

I'm sick and tired of weakening one position to shore up another.

We should have a decent starter and at least one more bat BEFORE the season started.

They had Hudson ready to take Garcia's place if he struggled.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)

I'm sick and tired of weakening one position to shore up another.

We should have a decent starter and at least one more bat BEFORE the season started.

What the devil are you talking about? Garcia is our #5 starter, and he's already won ten games through two thirds of the season. What more do you expect from a #5 starter?