Game Thread 8/10: MIN v CWS, 7:10pm

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 08:32 PM)
twins team this year has a lot talent that are producing and having very good years. You got cuddyerr hitting 7th for them says it all.

Still if they go on to win the AL Central, they ll do their usual one and done,especially if the play the Yanks.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
Still if they go on to win the AL Central, they ll do their usual one and done,especially if the play the Yanks.

Who gives a s*** what they do in the playoffs. The fact that they make it there means we don't. That's what bothers me.

QUOTE (CWSOX45 @ Aug 10, 2010 -> 08:32 PM)
Once placed on waivers teams have 48 hours to put a claim on him. After the 48 hour period is up and no claim has been made the player has made it through waivers and can be traded freely.

If a player is placed on waivers Thursday or Friday, they 48 hour period extends and ends on the following Monday and Tuesday.

So it doesn't actually require each team to make a decision for the next team in line to make a decision? Everyone just makes their claim at any point during that 48 hours, and then the team w/ the worse record that put in a claim gets first pick (starting with their own league). This makes much more sense. I thought it was like, the Sox, for instance, couldn't make the decision to pass or claim until all the other teams with worse records made their claims first.

2nd question. Do the standings freeze the day the instant the player is put on waivers, or do the standings reflect after the 48 hours is over? Like, if the Sox AND Minnesota put in a claim tomorrow afternoon after Manny is placed on waivers, while the Sox are in second place, do the records get locked in at that time, or do they wait until 48 hour period ends, and say maybe the Sox have taken over the division again?

The good news is that Garcia will not get to face the Twins next week. I really hate how we had our worst pitcher going in the first game of the series, but just like everything else, Ozzie's the one in the spotlight now. I'm happy to hear a lot of people in the media starting to ask questions about his lineup decisions and style of play.

Edited by fathom