Minnesota Misconception

Bizness

I just get sick of the CONSTANT Ass Licking everybody in this organization does towards the Twins. They don't fear them...but they sure as hell don't have any killer instinct to go after them. They seem to turn passive against Minnesota...like it's a foregone conclusion they can't beat them on a consistent basis. It's like avoiding the hot chicks because you think you have no chance in hell with them. Defeatist attitude is what' pissing me off the most. I'm not one for instigating anything...but you sure as s*** better show some balls.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Games that stick out in Sox-Twins lore for me in no order:

1. Jose Paniagua (we actually won that though)

2. Jamie Burke getting laid out

3. Game 163

4. Last Thursday

5. Tonight

I vividly remember a game that Denny Hocking won with a walk off homer against Keith Foulke in the Metrodome.

There was the one that Torii Hunter robbed a Carlos Lee homer.

The one that Buehrle gave up about 7-8 runs in the first inning and I'm pretty sure we came back to win that one...must have been in 2005/06.

Jeff Abbott with the game-winning hit to clinch the pennant in 2000.

The Jenks/Carlos Gomez game from 2008 that looked like the nail in the coffin for the 2008 season.

The Jenks blown save the Sunday after the All-Star break was even more of a blow to our chances than blowing so many opportunities against Liriano last week. That two game swing would have had the Twins at 3 1/2, but 1 1/2 and three straight brought them too close and they smelled blood in the water.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
I don't think anybody fears the Twins, but I do think many of us expect them to not only beat us, but blow us out in games.

I fully expect us to lose all 3 games.

I would be shocked if we win two. I wouldn't be totally surprised if we win one.

I dont fear Minnesota. I'm a realist. This is another season where they again have our number.

They have no pressure on them going into this series and frankly figure to bury our ass. That's all right though. The Sox had a chance to kick their ass in Chicago and promptly lost 2 of 3.

And I do expect a fight this series, which may turn out the way it did when Robin Ventura charged Nolan Ryan.

Bad timing for a fight/beanball war. But I sense it is coming tonight in game one, to try to set the cliche-like "tone" to the series.

After the Toriiiiiii Hunter-esque move Young pulled on AJ last night, its time for some retaliation. If they get the first couple guys out in the first inning tonight, its time for Mauer to feel some pain, and if you miss the first time, try try again.The fact that there really was never any retaliation for Hunter, in fact, Ozzie praised him, Quentin getting thrown at, nothing, and the reaction like the Young BS was just another play last night, is ridiculous. Exorcise the demons, show the Twins enough is enough.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 03:26 AM)
Jeff Abbott with the game-winning hit to clinch the pennant in 2000.

Man, that happened in like May. We clinched the division on a day we lost in the Metrodome. It may have even been a hint of our ten year nightmare in Minnesota that was about to begin.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Games that stick out in Sox-Twins lore for me in no order:

1. Jose Paniagua (we actually won that though)

2. Jamie Burke getting laid out

3. Game 163

4. Last Thursday

5. Tonight

Jacque Jones ruining Freddy's no-hitter with a homer, Sox lose 1-0