8/22 Danks vs. Frustrated Royal

Quin

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
Nice meatball there by Linebrink. Hawk, if there's such an issue with umpire, then why were no coaches ejected?

1. What else could he throw that would have been called?

2. Ozzie might have gotten like 5 games if Joe West had ejected him again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
1. What else could he throw that would have been called?

2. Ozzie might have gotten like 5 games if Joe West had ejected him again.

It was just way too "hittable" of a fastball, which of course, is Linebrink's main issue. Funny thing is for all the b****ing about West, I swear that Blanco was out at 2nd. His right leg never touched second until Alexei tagged his left foot.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 05:14 PM)
It was just way too "hittable" of a fastball, which of course, is Linebrink's main issue. Funny thing is for all the b****ing about West, I swear that Blanco was out at 2nd. His right leg never touched second until Alexei tagged his left foot.

It sure looked to me like Blanco was safe. I'd believe that Getz was out on that Alexei tag attempt before I'd believe that Blanco was out, and I thought Alexei missed Getz's helmet.

Everyone seemed to be worried about how we do against the Twins, when its losing series to the likes of the Tigers, Orioles, and Royals that will be our undoing. The losing record against the AL says we are still a bad team, that had some smoke and mirrors added one when we played the AAA league.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
It sure looked to me like Blanco was safe. I'd believe that Getz was out on that Alexei tag attempt before I'd believe that Blanco was out, and I thought Alexei missed Getz's helmet.

Blanco beat the throw with ease, but his slide was awful.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Jason Kendall always kills us. Advanced scouting? The guy has a .620 OPS for f***ing sakes.

Sounds just like the type of guy that Ozzie would want on this team. Slappy, no hitty, not so good. A role player on a real team and a starter on a garbage team. He has future whitesox written all over him.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
Everyone seemed to be worried about how we do against the Twins, when its losing series to the likes of the Tigers, Orioles, and Royals that will be our undoing. The losing record against the AL says we are still a bad team, that had some smoke and mirrors added one when we played the AAA league.

Maybe cause bunting vs AL teams is just ridiculous, as well as playing for one run at a time when your bullpen is awful? Playing for one run at a time worked in 2005 when you had a miracle bullpen.