Pulling for Billy

zach23

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll hit 100mph in a game by August 31st.

It might only be for one pitch......

And his arm may fall off immediately afterwards......

your right it could happen, but it wasn't like he hit 95 just once. he was hitting it consinstantly.

i am pulling for koch and if he can help us in august and september then i think everyone will forget about how he has done this season..i agree he is having a bad year but he isnt doing that bad i am sure there are plenty of teams that would love to have koch..a true sox fan wouldnt talk s*** about their players and say that they are done.

I have no idea if a pitcher can regain his lost velocity, or if it is a mechanical thing (remember earlier in the year when Coop worked with him and they announced whatever flaw he had was fixed?), or if he should try to develop a splitter with only 50+ games to go.

But I totally agree that it would be a huge boost if we could get some productive outings from Koch in close ballgames before the end of the year.

why the hell would they sign a 50 year old outfielder..i wouldnt talk s*** about him but i would say williams is a dumbass for making that move...i mean when people like you talk all this s*** about a sox player who is struggling...saying he sucks and should never play again is not the answer and i dont know a single team in baseball who has every player always playing great...its just something that somes with baseball and you have to accept it.

why the hell would they sign a 50 year old outfielder..i wouldnt talk s*** about him but i would say williams is a dumbass for making that move...i mean when people like you talk all this s*** about a sox player who is struggling...saying he sucks and should never play again is not the answer and i dont know a single team in baseball who has every player always playing great...its just something that somes with baseball and you have to accept it.

Do you think I can have my own opinion on an issue or not?

If i don't like a player, I'll express that. And if I'm at the park, there's a definate possibility he might know my opinion on a certain issue as well.

I like to think, judging by my daily debates with LDF, CubKilla, aboz, etc, that I am the biggest Koch supporter around. I have confidence in him, and really wanted to see him come in when we had the 8-5 lead last night. That way, we have Schoene for tonight if we need him. Now that puts TONS of pressure on Billy, because he will most likely be pitching tonight vs Seattle, a team that has broken our closers hearts multiple times before. Fact is, his velocity has been going up slowly, I remember 91-92 in April being all the gun would say. I have seen 95-96 here lately, and I further believe that Oakland blew his arm out last year with no regards for his future. He was the closer, and it didn't matter how much he was being used, because he wanted the ball when the game is on teh line, no matter what. I think we'll see Billy catch on here real soon, and I for one will sit back and smile.

i am also a big koch supporter and all those guys who always talk s*** end up changing how they feel when players turn it around...that is not a real sox fan

what the hell are you talking about. :huh: :huh:

define what is a true sox fan? :angry:

yup i change my mind when i told everybody how much clayton was an ass,

you really don't know what you are talking about.

I like to think, judging by my daily debates with LDF, CubKilla, aboz, etc, that I am the biggest Koch supporter around. I have confidence in him, and really wanted to see him come in when we had the 8-5 lead last night. That way, we have Schoene for tonight if we need him. Now that puts TONS of pressure on Billy, because he will most likely be pitching tonight vs Seattle, a team that has broken our closers hearts multiple times before. Fact is, his velocity has been going up slowly, I remember 91-92 in April being all the gun would say. I have seen 95-96 here lately, and I further believe that Oakland blew his arm out last year with no regards for his future. He was the closer, and it didn't matter how much he was being used, because he wanted the ball when the game is on teh line, no matter what. I think we'll see Billy catch on here real soon, and I for one will sit back and smile.

The trouble with Billy is that even before he "blew his arm out last year" he was always a cardiac closer -- too many walks and too many hits to make you feel comfortable with a 1-run lead. That said, it would be nice to have him pitching closer to old norms than this year's levels.

However, if I were making the Sox' decisions, I wouldn't pin my hopes on a Koch comeback for the power righty we could use behind Tom Gordon. I would put Danny Wright in that role (then give him another shot at starting next spring) right now and bring up Neal Cotts to be the 5th starter. Wright's problem this year, like Biddle's before him, has been stretching out a consistent performance over several innings. If he didn't have to pace himself or hold back, he might be the best we have after Gordon in short right handed stints.

a true sox fan has faith in the players and doesnt just talk s*** about the ones who are struggling and then when the turn it around say that the are good..i garuntee you werent saying this when we first got him..your just the kind of person who jumps on the bandwagon and right now i bet your a royals fan until the sox get into first.

I would put Danny Wright in that role (then give him another shot at starting next spring) right now and bring up Neal Cotts to be the 5th starter.  Wright's problem this year, like Biddle's before him, has been stretching out a consistent performance over several innings.  If he didn't have to pace himself or hold back, he might be the best we have after Gordon in short right handed stints.

Sorry. But we're back in this AL Central race. No Danny Wrong at closer and Neil Cotts at starter experiments at this stage of the game. If Danny cannot get the job done at starter these next 2 starts, then KW will HAVE to acquire a 5th starter if we plan on winning this Division.

a true sox fan has faith in the players and doesnt just talk s*** about the ones who are struggling and then when the turn it around say that the are good..i garuntee you werent saying this when we first got him..your just the kind of person who jumps on the bandwagon and right now i bet your a royals fan until the sox get into first.

a true fan has the right to question the team and management. it is part of and alway been part of the game.

so by this, if a player is past his prime or just can't hit, we should say to keep playing him, b/c

we are fans.

i do not jump on or off bandwagons as a season goes on.

first you are talking about botch and when we first got him, you are sadly mistaken. i never like

the deal. i was one of the few who blasted the trade and i haven't change my stance.

btw calling me a fan outside being a sox fan, i have 2 words for you. :fyou

and that is done b/c you do not know me and you are calling me anything.

Sorry. But we're back in this AL Central race. No Danny Wrong at closer and Neil Cotts at starter experiments at this stage of the game. If Danny cannot get the job done at starter these next 2 starts, then KW will HAVE to acquire a 5th starter if we plan on winning this Division.

i am in agreement, we have no time to experiment, killa that is a great point.

if danny can't do it, then we might not have a choice to do something. like

maybe using cotts or someone else.

that is why you bring up or expand in the sept callup. to see if players are

capable of doing the job.

Another good point. I forgot all about the September call-ups. Should be really interesting if we're still in this thing to see how these youngsters react to every game being a pressing situation to win.

Another good point. I forgot all about the September call-ups. Should be really interesting if we're still in this thing to see how these youngsters react to every game being a pressing situation to win.

yeah and it might come sooner if danny caan't do the job.

well if we kept foukle then he would have left us when he became a free agent..are you and white sox fan the same person..if yall arent let him respond cuz i wasnt talking to you..your not questioning anything,your just talking s***,if koch was doing good i know u wouldnt be saying this..just like if u were opposed to getting loazia would u be saying get rid of him still?...koch ahs proven himself to be a top closer but just hasnt gottn it together..i would understand if he didnt have the type of success he has had in the past.

well if we kept foukle then he would have left us when he became a free agent..are you and white sox fan the same person..if yall arent let him respond cuz i wasnt talking to you..your not questioning anything,your just talking s***,if koch was doing good i know u wouldnt be saying this..just like if u were opposed to getting loazia would u be saying get rid of him still?...koch ahs proven himself to be a top closer but just hasnt gottn it together..i would understand if he didnt have the type of success he has had in the past.

when did i ever say that i was against getting eloo?

foulke walk, who cares, we get 2 picks, how many games whould have been save and

what would our record have been?

if botch was doing good, but he is not. let not play what if, that is weak and immature.

botch has proven he is a top closer, what is his record this yr?

i am have always been longdistancefan=ldf from the old rival days. never needed

to change my name and will not. i stand by what i say. when i am wrong i will

admit it, as i always have. this is why this is called a discussion board. to let other

see your point and to back it up, if you can. to convince others that their opinion

are wrong.

i do not go and run to hide in the weeds.

I dont think Foulke would be worth 2 picks

And besides

Koch is NOT having a terrible year... 5.4 ERA and 11 Saves... I think its safe to say that he could be a LOT worse than that.. Anyway he has only blown 4 saves

It really doesnt matter what your opinion is on this subject because Koch is gonna be here the rest of the year, he is gonna be here the rest of next year, and I wouldnt be suprised to see him here for a long time..

So you can go ahead and not like him or whatever, it really doesnt even matter... you can have your own opinion