zach23

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Foulke would be worth 2 picks

And besides

Koch is NOT having a terrible year... 5.4 ERA and 11 Saves... I think its safe to say that he could be a LOT worse than that.. Anyway he has only blown 4 saves

It really doesnt matter what your opinion is on this subject because Koch is gonna be here the rest of the year, he is gonna be here the rest of next year, and I wouldnt be suprised to see him here for a long time..

So you can go ahead and not like him or whatever, it really doesnt even matter... you can have your own opinion

considering that he sign an extension, you are prob right about that.

kw was trying to trade him, why didn't any other club step forward and traded for him.

his present stat, are really happy with that? if you are, then i know what kind

of baseball knowledge you have.

an in ref to opinions here is where i agree with you. i will accept every opinion

as long as they don't make it personal. in return you will accept mine.

by accepting does not mean you have to agree with what each are saying, as long

as you can respect that they have an opinion which may be different than yours.

uh yeah it isnt that bad dumbass

He hasnt even gotten that many chances and if he had more those numbers would be improved... moron

He hasn't got that many chances because he sucks with a capital "S". And our "closer" has only achieved 11 saves with a team that has won 55+ games? A "closer" who's first 1-2-3 inning on Wednesday against KC was his first since April? A "closer" who should face 3-4 batters a game in a save situation with an ERA of 5.4? That's a 5.4 ERA when all he usually has to do is, hypothetically, face 1.... 2.... 3 batters?

Billy Beane would love dealing with you more than he loves stealing from KW.....

MORON! :fyou

He hasnt even gotten that many chances and if he had more those numbers would be improved... moron

He hasn't got that many chances because he sucks with a capital "S". And our "closer" has only achieved 11 saves with a team that has won 55+ games? A "closer" who's first 1-2-3 inning on Wednesday against KC was his first since April? A "closer" who should face 3-4 batters a game in a save situation with an ERA of 5.4? That's a 5.4 ERA when all he usually has to do is, hypothetically, face 1.... 2.... 3 batters?

Billy Beane would love dealing with you more than he loves stealing from KW.....

Well, to put things right, the team only had 42 wins when Koch had his last save opportunity...and 11 saves of 42 wins is still not good, but I just wanted the stats to be righted here, I'm not getting into the argument..have fun

You really are retarded man..

If he would have been given more opportunities to close out games he wouldnt have a 5.4 ERA and would have a lot more than 11 Saves...

It doesnt matter if he gets 1-2-3 innings as long as the job gets done.. He doesnt Suck with a capital "S" I think your just Stupid with a capital "S" for saying someone who was 11-4 with 44 saves last year sucks, I dont see where your coming from.

LDF, I admit that a 5.4 ERA and 11 Saves are not great numbers, BUT, they are a lot better than what some of you act like Koch is.. You make it seem like he has a 7+ ERA and more Blown saves than Saves... I know he hasnt been what we expect but he hasnt been THAT bad, I do admit he has been dissapointing though but I am in no way giving up on him, just look at what he has done in his career. I honor your opionion and I wouldnt take anything personal to you...

On the other hand...

CubKilla is a different story... I DO NOT honor his opinion because he is a moron. He doesnt know what hes talking about hes just coming on here and saying "Koch sucks Big Time" hes got nothing, he says he sucks because he has 11 saves on a team with 55 wins... well s***, he isnt even the every day closer what do you expect?

Billy Beane would love dealing with me? Yeah seeing I am a GM and all.. Why dont you bring better reasons before you start spouting off about why you think your right for saying Koch is the worst in the world..

LDF, I appreciate your posts, they actually make sense because you dont just come out and say "Koch sucks with a capital "S" when thats not evenr true...

:fyou CubKilla

Well, to put things right, the team only had 42 wins when Koch had his last save opportunity...and 11 saves of 42 wins is still not good, but I just wanted the stats to be righted here, I'm not getting into the argument..have fun

You know where I stand and I know where you stand. You, unlike our friend here, can make you point without resorting to name calling. Not that I mind name calling. It just tells you where the guy is coming from and how serious I should take his pro-Koch argument. And your point is well taken. God knows, as long as Koch is wearing a Sox uniform, I hope for the day where you could come up to me and laugh in my face for me being wrong about Koch. I just don't think that is going to happen anytime soon :angry: .

If he would have been given more opportunities to close out games he wouldnt have a 5.4 ERA and would have a lot more than 11 Saves...

It doesnt matter if he gets 1-2-3 innings as long as the job gets done.. He doesnt Suck with a capital "S" I think your just Stupid with a capital "S" for saying someone who was 11-4 with 44 saves last year sucks, I dont see where your coming from.

On the other hand...

CubKilla is a different story... I DO NOT honor his opinion because he is a moron. He doesnt know what hes talking about hes just coming on here and saying "Koch sucks Big Time" hes got nothing, he says he sucks because he has 11 saves on a team with 55 wins... well s***, he isnt even the every day closer what do you expect?

Billy Beane would love dealing with me? Yeah seeing I am a GM and all.. Why dont you bring better reasons before you start spouting off about why you think your right for saying Koch is the worst in the world..

LDF, I appreciate your posts, they actually make sense because you dont just come out and say "Koch sucks with a capital "S" when thats not evenr true...

Feel better? :bringit

let see if i can better aid the ideas of trades

good trades

colon, imho

cal edred

rupp

roberto alomar

marte

olvio

f. diaz

s alomar to denver

b howry to bos, this is for me.

bad trades

royce clayton

well/ritchie

alan embree

dloo this one can be both good and bad

adkins

botch

j ramirez

j rios

bradford i think this was a kw trade.

there are trades that i haven't came to an opinion such as everett trade.

LDF, I admit that a 5.4 ERA and 11 Saves are not great numbers, BUT, they are a lot better than what some of you act like Koch is.. You make it seem like he has a 7+ ERA and more Blown saves than Saves... I know he hasnt been what we expect but he hasnt been THAT bad, I do admit he has been dissapointing though but I am in no way giving up on him, just look at what he has done in his career. I honor your opionion and I wouldnt take anything personal to you...

On the other hand...

how can you imagine that 11 save is ok for someone who is making his money and suppose to

be a #1 closer.

how many games did jm did not use him b/c lack of confidence. no one can answer this

b/c no one is jm.

he had opportunties and he posted a 5.4 era, how many more chances does he need.

how can his stats not be THAT bad. define this for me.

On the other hand...

how can you imagine that 11 save is ok for someone who is making his money and suppose to

be a #1 closer.

how many games did jm did not use him b/c lack of confidence. no one can answer this

b/c no one is jm.

he had opportunties and he posted a 5.4 era, how many more chances does he need.

You're bordering on "dumbass and moron" territory now LDF :lol:

Maybe someone should point out to our friend here that no closer should have an 11-4 record. That, more than likely, means that he blew alot of those games that he was brought into close.

And a 5.4 ERA isn't bad for a closer. 7..... SEVEN..... is bad for a closer. Compare the numbers of good...... no...... half-way decent closers to Botch THIS YEAR(not in seasons past when he wasn't with the White Sox :rolleyes: )..... and let me know who's the "dumbass" :finger. Let me know if you find an ERA close to 5.4 under the leagues premier closers. Then let me know if you find an ERA close to 5.4 under the leagues mediocre closers. And by close, I'm talking 4.75-5+..... and I'm still giving half an ERA point to prove that the '03 Botch isn't even a mediocre closer.

Sorry. But we're back in this AL Central race. No Danny Wrong at closer and Neil Cotts at starter experiments at this stage of the game. If Danny cannot get the job done at starter these next 2 starts, then KW will HAVE to acquire a 5th starter if we plan on winning this Division.

I read an article that said the Sox might go to a 4-man rotation soon (presumably if Danny comes back and struggles). So, it may turn out that the Sox don't need a #5 guy.

On the other hand...

be a #1 closer.

b/c no one is jm.

You're bordering on "dumbass and moron" territory now LDF :lol:

ok sorry. ;)

what are you calling me a moron? :bringit :fyou

:D :headbang

let see if i can better aid the ideas of trades

good trades

colon, imho

cal edred

rupp

roberto alomar

marte

olvio

f. diaz

s alomar to denver

b howry to bos, this is for me.

bad trades

royce clayton

well/ritchie

alan embree

dloo this one can be both good and bad

adkins

botch

j ramirez

j rios

bradford i think this was a kw trade.

there are trades that i haven't came to an opinion such as everett trade.

Wow... Lots'o'mistakes...

#1) Cal Eldred was aquired by Ron Schueler with Jose Valentin before the 2000 season.

#2) Marte really can't be considered that good of a trade because the Pirate GM said he was going to put Damaso on waivers anyway. So instead of wasting our #4 pitching prospect at the time (Matt Guerrier) on another guy, we spent it on a guy we could have had for free... Oh well.

#3) You have Olivo as a good trade, but Bradford as a bad trade (FYI, they were dealt for one another). How can one trade by listed as good and bad? That, and I think Schueler made that trade.

#4) Rios wasn't aquired via trade.

Anyways, the Ramirez deal, IMO, was a wash because the guy we gave up, Jeff Abbott, was nothing special. At least Ramirez had an upside.

On the other hand...

be a #1 closer.

b/c no one is jm.

I got to agree here. If you don't think Koch hasn't been one of the two biggest busts of the year (with Konerko, but he's starting to turn it around), then you obviously haven't been watching the team close enough.

If Koch had been given the Marte/Gordon opporutnites he would have more than 11 saves thats what I am getting at here..

I didnt say that his stats where acceptable.. I just said that they arent as bad as everyone is making them out to be...

CubKilla

:dips***

#1) Cal Eldred was aquired by Ron Schueler with Jose Valentin before the 2000 season.

#2) Marte really can't be considered that good of a trade because the Pirate GM said he was going to put Damaso on waivers anyway.  So instead of wasting our #4 pitching prospect at the time (Matt Guerrier) on another guy, we spent it on a guy we could have had for free... Oh well.

#3) You have Olivo as a good trade, but Bradford as a bad trade (FYI, they were dealt for one another).  How can one trade by listed as good and bad?  That, and I think Schueler made that trade.

Anyways, the Ramirez deal, IMO, was a wash because the guy we gave up, Jeff Abbott, was nothing special.  At least Ramirez had an upside.

ref #1 you are right and i stand corrected

#2, by defination he was traded for. and i was a huge guerrier supported

#3 you got me there, i wasn't sure and i was looking for link of his trades.damn

#4. does not pertain to this what if situation.

#5 ref rios, are you sure, i will debate this one.

#6. ramirez and abbott. i imo considered this a bust. abbott was playing and we release

ramirez the next yr.

#2) Marte really can't be considered that good of a trade because the Pirate GM said he was going to put Damaso on waivers anyway.  So instead of wasting our #4 pitching prospect at the time (Matt Guerrier) on another guy, we spent it on a guy we could have had for free... Oh well.

#3) You have Olivo as a good trade, but Bradford as a bad trade (FYI, they were dealt for one another).  How can one trade by listed as good and bad?  That, and I think Schueler made that trade.

Anyways, the Ramirez deal, IMO, was a wash because the guy we gave up, Jeff Abbott, was nothing special.  At least Ramirez had an upside.

ref #1 you are right and i stand corrected

#2, by defination he was traded for. and i was a huge guerrier supported

#3 you got me there, i wasn't sure and i was looking for link of his trades.damn

#4. does not pertain to this what if situation.

#5 ref rios, are you sure, i will debate this one.

#6. ramirez and abbott. i imo considered this a bust. abbott was playing and we release

ramirez the next yr.

Yes, we signed Rios as a FA...I'm 99.9% sure of that.

If Koch had been given the Marte/Gordon opporutnites he would have more than 11 saves thats what I am getting at here..

I didnt say that his stats where acceptable.. I just said that they arent as bad as everyone is making them out to be...

CubKilla

:dips***

and that is your support to the discussion.

well i am glad they are getting the call, we would never be in the hunt if we had to

depend on botch.

btw, you have called people names as well.. and i was on the recieving end of

those calls. so look in the mirror when you are doing that immature thing with killa.

If you could just have opinions without name calling I wouldnt care but when i say I support Koch and want to see him in the game I get "Man your stupid" "You must want to lose" "Are you Drunk" and thats not just from you or CubKilla.. Aboizchiu or whatever was doing the same s*** last night.. You think I like posting arguments back and forth like that?

I wouldnt care if it was a legit argument, but ppl act stupid on here sometimes and I am not saying that I am not wrong for calling names because I am, but so is everyone else..

If you could just have opinions without name calling I wouldnt care but when i say I support Koch and want to see him in the game I get "Man your stupid" "You must want to lose" "Are you Drunk" and thats not just from you or CubKilla.. Aboizchiu or whatever was doing the same s*** last night.. You think I like posting arguments back and forth like that?

I wouldnt care if it was a legit argument, but ppl act stupid on here sometimes and I am not saying that I am not wrong for calling names because I am, but so is everyone else..

you called me an idiot last week among other things you said, so where is that any different. that was

b/c i disagreed with your opinion.

i called you and gave you the :fyou

this is the truth.

are we talking bieng a hyprocrite. :huh:

i am pulling for koch and if he can help us in august and september then i think everyone will forget about how he has done this season..i agree he is having a bad year but he isnt doing that bad i am sure there are plenty of teams that would love to have koch..a true sox fan wouldnt talk s*** about their players and say that they are done.

I'm not taking sides here but a real fan has every right to diss the players. Thats a huge part of being a fan and we're not just gonna kiss everyones ass like Cubs fans. When a guys doing well, we give them credit. If you're talking about supporting our players, thats a whole different story. We support our players all the way and I'm sure everyone here would like to see Koch be a great closer.