9/8 GT: Sox @ Detroit - 6:05pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:43 PM)
This is the problem when you totally disregard the farm system...you have to grossly overpay (in free agent money and trades) for REPLACEMENT LEVEL talent. I also do not like how we tend to overpay for guys whose better years are behind them (See Jake Peavy).

This has been a good season, but I for one would like to see Kenny 'promoted' next year.

After all of the drama between Williams and Ozzie this season, along with the fact that all-time Reinsdorf favorite Tony LaRussa will be looking for a job this off-season AND is interested in trying his hand at being a GM, I would not be surprised to see KW bumped upstairs in order to accommodate LaRussa. That is my bold prediction!

Was Teahen's second error on a play that would have been a double play? As someone mentioned earlier, it's really no shock the Sox went on a good run when he got hurt. I don't know how we managed to overcome the loss of his amazing power, contact ability, and defense. Also, I'm really frustrated by Ozzie playing guys who don't match-up well against the pitcher. Andruw Jones vs Bonderman's slider is a recipe for disaster. If anything, play him tomorrow against Porcello's sinker.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
After all of the drama between Williams and Ozzie this season, along with the fact that all-time Reinsdorf favorite Tony LaRussa will be looking for a job this off-season AND is interested in trying his hand at being a GM, I would not be surprised to see KW bumped upstairs in order to accommodate LaRussa. That is my bold prediction!

Bring back Royce Clayton, any Alomar, Lofton and D'Angelo Jimenez please.

Actually, do we really have a lot of faith that JR is going to spend $3 million per year on a GM, because that's what LaRussa's market price is...

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)

I thought about this same thing too. It would be like Jerry to dick over Rick Hahn and hand the job to Tony. Jerry likes to think 'outside the box' on his hires, and as you mentioned, he would love to rehire his buddy La Russa in some capacity.. Also, I thouht that if Ozzie goes, could Dave Duncan step in as manager??

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 06:48 PM)
Was Teahen's second error on a play that would have been a double play? As someone mentioned earlier, it's really no shock the Sox went on a good run when he got hurt. I don't know how we managed to overcome the loss of his amazing power, contact ability, and defense. Also, I'm really frustrated by Ozzie playing guys who don't match-up well against the pitcher. Andruw Jones vs Bonderman's slider is a recipe for disaster. If anything, play him tomorrow against Porcello's sinker.

If he used a smaller bat, he would undoubtedly put up MVP numbers. But Buddy Bell insists on the large bat, so Teahen won't change.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
I thought about this same thing too. It would be like Jerry to dick over Rick Hahn and hand the job to Tony. Jerry likes to think 'outside the box' on his hires, and as you mentioned, he would love to rehire his buddy La Russa in some capacity.. Also, I thouht that if Ozzie goes, could Dave Duncan step in as manager??

Cooper and Duncan together?

That's not going to happen.

If TLR came in with Duncan, Cooper would definitely be gone too. I don't see them co-existing.

As Fathom has noted, he's shown some interest in the White Sox managing job himself over the years when probed on the question.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
Actually, do we really have a lot of faith that JR is going to spend $3 million per year on a GM, because that's what LaRussa's market price is...

He coughed it up for our MVP-candidate third baseman.

Seriously, JR's clock is ticking, and he's likely fed up with this Season's drama.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
nada

Lifeless performance, horrible swings at that garbage slider, and really poor inning from Danks after the error, he lost it after that for an inning and it cost us. Once again shows us we don't have the mental capacity of a winner

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 06:56 PM)
No one answered my question about Teahen's 2nd error. This is a pull baseball special it seems.

About it being a double play ball? Yes, it was. He made a nice pick on it actually, but threw the ball nowhere close to the bag. His glove isn't terrible, but he throws the ball away wayyyy too often. I think it's gotten to his head. He strikes me as being a little on the soft side.

• Thanks 1

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
No one answered my question about Teahen's 2nd error. This is a pull baseball special it seems.

He made the pick on a somewhat difficult grounder that was hit right at him, but then he made a lousy throw way to the right off the base at 2nd.