WS playing for Championship

scenario

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 10, 2010 -> 10:28 PM)
4 shutout innings for Jacob Rasner to close out the win.

He got out of a huge jam in the bottom of the 10th too.

One he helped create, but still...

Gutsy performance.

---------------------------------------------

Kinston Bottom of the 10th

* Donnie Webb singles on a line drive to center fielder Jose Martinez.

* Justin Toole out on a sacrifice bunt to first baseman Seth Loman. Donnie Webb to 2nd.

* Jacob Rasner intentionally walks Bo Greenwell.

* Jeremie Tice strikes out swinging.

* Chun-Hsiu Chen walks. Donnie Webb to 3rd. Bo Greenwell to 2nd.

* Kyle Bellows strikes out swinging.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
Cant believe you are still patting yourself on the back over something most thought was going to happen.

I still can't believe it's getting to you. Makes me proud of NSS though for not caring anymore. (And BTW, show me those post besides me and another poster who had W-S as our best affiliate this season when most were picking the Knights, I'm still waiting)

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
I still can't believe it's getting to you. Makes me proud of NSS though for not caring anymore. (And BTW, show me those post besides me and another poster who had W-S as our best affiliate this season when most were picking the Knights, I'm still waiting)

It doesnt get to me and I dont care to waste time searching, but even if true stop tooting your own horn so much it isnt a good quality.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 11, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)

The Knights have produced 5 major leaguers this year.

WS has produced one.

How has WS been better than the Knights? I want explanation.

Game 1 of the Championship series has started...

Potomac @ Winston-Salem

Sauer pitching

The Dash locked up their berth in the 2010 Mills Cup Championship Series by sweeping the Kinston Indians in the opening round of the playoffs!

The Dash now take on the Northern Division Champion Potomac Nationals, beginning at 7 p.m. on Monday at BB&T Ballpark! Winston-Salem will also host Game Two of the series before hitting the road for Games Three, Four and Five (Games Four and Five only if necessary).

Edited by scenario

Dash wins 4-0.

Sauer went 8 innings... gave up 5 hits... struck out 6... walked none.

We got 12 hits... with KW Jr. leading the hit parade... going 3-4 with a double and a run scored.

Loman, Lewis, Martinez, and Garcia got two hits apiece.

The Dash lost 5-3.

They had a 3-2 lead going into the 8th, thanks to an outstanding start by Dylan Axelrod.

Then Brandon Kloess gave up 3 runs.

Big opportunity missed. Bah.

Series tied 1-1.

The remaining games are on the road.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
Why does KW Jr lead off in the playoffs? I mean, Short was a leadoff man all year, right? Why does KWJR with his numbers get that chance? Makes no sense to me.

What was it Oney said before the season started? KW Jr. has gotten at bats all year long when there were better options with better averages on the bench.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
What was it Oney said before the season started? KW Jr. has gotten at bats all year long when there were better options with better averages on the bench.

On the other hand, KW Jr. is 4-8 with 2 doubles so far in the series.

So, the decision to put him at leadoff may seem curious, but it's hard to argue with the results.

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 14, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
On the other hand, KW Jr. is 4-8 with 2 doubles so far in the series.

So, the decision to put him at leadoff may seem curious, but it's hard to argue with the results.

Not to mention he was leading off when Short went down with injury. He hit pretty well during his absence around late August/September and like you said, during the playoffs. I'm sure the manager did not want to fix what wasn't broke.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
I'm going to vomit repeatedly next year when KW Jr. gets 500 at bats for the Barons, and hits .220 the whole time. While somebody who's hitting over .300 rides the bench. Of course, he'll go on the DL 3 or 4 times.

That's a lot of at bats to get if you spend a month on the DL.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 08:44 AM)
That's a lot of at bats to get if you spend a month on the DL.

He managed to get 274 at bats in 74 games this year. That averages out to 3.7 at bats per game. He would've gotten more had he not spent so much time on the DL. The only hope is that he spends a lot of time on the DL, otherwise he will get 500 and hit leadoff all year while sucking big time. I hope he decides to retire, he's taking at bats away from other prospects.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 15, 2010 -> 08:52 AM)
He managed to get 274 at bats in 74 games this year. That averages out to 3.7 at bats per game. He would've gotten more had he not spent so much time on the DL. The only hope is that he spends a lot of time on the DL, otherwise he will get 500 and hit leadoff all year while sucking big time. I hope he decides to retire, he's taking at bats away from other prospects.

I wouldn't put him on your Kyle McCulloch type hate list yet.

If he wasn't KW's son, would you really get this irritated about him?

He's played less than two full seasons in the minors. He's got athletic genes. And he showed significant improvement in the second half of the season this year... batting .282 after the all-star break.

I think it's worth seeming him at the AA-level (and healthy) before we try to force him into retirement.