M's getting bitchy

southsider2k5

The fans have been pissed because they know management has the money, but won't spend it. It's really a shame to see this. Even the Royals are making trades and last year the Expos made trades yet the Mariners who sell great won't. This is what's wrong with baseball.

The fans have been pissed because they know management has the money, but won't spend it. It's really a shame to see this. Even the Royals are making trades and last year the Expos made trades yet the Mariners who sell great won't. This is what's wrong with baseball.

I think the Mariners payroll is between 80-90 million. Fairly high, but not enough for the fan support they get.

Their owner is from Japan, and incredibly in all his years of ownership, has never BEEN to a Mariner's game. I find that curious.

Get the Mariners in a let down mode becasue of no trades and they just might not have that extra edge. The Sox on the other hand are playing like winners. As long as our hitters are hot and don't try and hit everything they see into Puget Sound we can win against Seattle. Pitching matchups are good. Don't know how Wright will do, but maybe he has had a wake up call by being sent down.

Their owner is from Japan, and incredibly in all his years of ownership, has never BEEN to a Mariner's game. I find that curious.

That is extremely odd. It's one thing to only go to 1 game per year or so, but to never have been to a game. How odd, especially considering most owners go to as many home games as possible.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/r...0030731_DET@SEA

Sounds like this might be a good time to play them...

I was having lunch at the local bar and saw that on the tv, the pitcher b****ing about not making trades - a little dissension to say the least -

however I am not counting on it helping us - we went to KC with White b****ing which didn't seem to hurt us -

however I am not counting on it helping us - we went to KC with White b****ing which didn't seem to hurt us -

You also didn't see White's comments on SC and other sports shows. I think that makes a difference. For once not getting media coverage might help us.

There coming off a sweep of Detriot!

Of course we know about Detroit sweeps except we were being hit by the brooms not sweeping. Notice how the really good teams get the job done against weaker teams.

I don't blame the Mariner players for being pissed. Last year they did nothing and it cost them, and this year the team chasing them, Oakland, went out and got a quality bat in Jose Guillen. IMO, they have every right to question management and their motives.