• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raw 3.1

Impact 1.0

Was the volcanic ash just what TNA needed to get some viewers? Went through TNA this afternoon. It was a pretty good show. Suck Angle is taking time off now, but must more intriguing than Raw right now.

Still just in the rumor stage, but it could get interesting:

[courtesy Lords of Pain]

-- With Russo’s decision to step down as head writer, there has been an escalation in talk regarding Paul Heyman coming in. Those within TNA, and are close to Heyman, believe he will indeed sign with the company. Heyman signing with TNA would come off as a surprise when you consider his past relationship with Bischoff, whom have both thrown verbal jabs against one another throughout the 90’s decade.

Heyman mark that I am, I'd love to see him sign on - it would be very interesting to see if he could write storylines to grab the attention of the "casual fan" on a larger stage than ECW and with freer reign than Vince gave him.

I am way more than a casual fan and even I find myself forgetting that TNA is on Mondays sometimes.. The only time I have even watch SOME of TNA on Monday was the very first time it was on Monday..

I want them to get better though because I would like to see another alternative to WWE..

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
Still just in the rumor stage, but it could get interesting:

[courtesy Lords of Pain]

-- With Russo’s decision to step down as head writer, there has been an escalation in talk regarding Paul Heyman coming in. Those within TNA, and are close to Heyman, believe he will indeed sign with the company. Heyman signing with TNA would come off as a surprise when you consider his past relationship with Bischoff, whom have both thrown verbal jabs against one another throughout the 90’s decade.

Heyman mark that I am, I'd love to see him sign on - it would be very interesting to see if he could write storylines to grab the attention of the "casual fan" on a larger stage than ECW and with freer reign than Vince gave him.

Meltzer is saying he might be coming in and Bischoff wants to do some ECW gang style deal. I have no idea how that interacts with Hogan, but it might be interesting for awhile.

Get your dialing finger ready, Hogan:

WWE.com issued the following future endeavors statement:

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Divas Mickie James and Katie Lea Burchill as well as Superstars Shelton Benjamin, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish them the best in all future endeavors.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 06:26 PM)
Why Mickie James? I'm glad they cut Shelton loose. They wasted him in my opinion. TNA only should call Mickie, Katie, and Shelton. The rest are meh.

The story is that she was a pain in the ass on this past overseas tour. She was late for buses and was hung over. I guess she had been on thin ice since she got attitude once they demoted her to Smackdown.

ANy big names you think will switch brands? I'm sure it will be made official that Swagger is SD.

I hope Christian goes to SD and maybe even Orton. Taker should go to Raw and work one show a month like he does now.

OMGZ! THE BELLAS ARE DRAFTED TO SMACKDOWN!

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Punk vs. Rey was awesome. Punk wins.

A run in by a guy that looked like Low Ki or maybe Joey Mercury with head shaved.

It's been confirmed to be Mercury.

Decent PPV. Batista/Cena was wild, this is pretty much Batista's send off as he's gonna go do movies for a bit. Edge/Y2J was good as well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
Show opens with HHH getting laid out with a pipe to the back of the neck. Looks like a way to get him off TV for a bit to heal.

I read that they wanted to do the pipe attack on last Monday's Raw, but Sheamus was stuck in England so they did it to start the PPV.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)

Decent PPV. Batista/Cena was wild, this is pretty much Batista's send off as he's gonna go do movies for a bit. Edge/Y2J was good as well.

I liked Batista/Cena, but that ending was awful.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Get your dialing finger ready, Hogan:

WWE.com issued the following future endeavors statement:

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Divas Mickie James and Katie Lea Burchill as well as Superstars Shelton Benjamin, Kung Fu Naki, Slam Master J and Jimmy Wang Yang as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish them the best in all future endeavors.

I only saw very little of him, but that little bit made me think he was underused.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
I only saw very little of him, but that little bit made me think he was underused.

He was pretty over a few years ago then failed Wellness and had not been used much.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
Just flipping around to this, but shouldn't part of the point of Sports Entertainment (as opposed to sports) be that we don't have to hear the word "draft pick" ?

Not understanding this..

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)

It hasn't been CONFIRMED, but it appears pretty likely as they're good friends and Punk has helped Joey turn his life around and was even his roommate for a while.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
I liked Batista/Cena, but that ending was awful.

I hate it because it was Cena, but I know damn well if Batista or someone like Jericho were to do it I'd be laughing uncontrollably.

As for the draft, I'm a big fan of Smackdown having all the young talent. I do think Raw may be a bit top heavy now though.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)
As for the draft, I'm a big fan of Smackdown having all the young talent. I do think Raw may be a bit top heavy now though.

A bit?

They lose Jericho and Edge and don't gain a single main event star..

edit: Horsnwaggle goes to smackdown in the supplemental.. thank god!

Edited by T R U