Sox V. A's - Buehrle V. Cahill

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 04:29 AM)
Are we Sox fans in for some serious misery for some time to come?

Our pitching staff should be good enough to make us respectable, but it's scary to think how big the talent gap between Twins/Tigers and then the rest of the division could be next season. Indians don't have much going right for them either, so we should be middle of pack for a few more years.

Lol, Hawk just randomly starts making ominous comments about Delmon Young....

out of no where....

"I guess we will have to take care of this Delmon Young situation next year" "We play them 19 times a year. His time will come. His time will come." "We let Torri Hunter slide a few years ago, but Delmon Young won't slide this time. His time will come"

umm.....ok Hawk....

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)

out of no where....

"I guess we will have to take care of this Delmon Young situation next year" "We play them 19 times a year. His time will come. His time will come." "We let Torri Hunter slide a few years ago, but Delmon Young won't slide this time. His time will come"

umm.....ok Hawk....

I'm not a fan of LaRussa, for a variety of reasons -- and I doubt that he ends up here -- BUT . . . one thing is for sure. If that stuff happened with Delmon Young with LaRussa in the dugout, AN ORDER would have been given to put him on his ass, come hell or high water. And maybe more than once.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)

out of no where....

umm.....ok Hawk....

Ozzie's teams have never retaliated when that type of stuff has happened. Unless he isn't coming back why would they suddenly start to retaliate?

I remember when Jack Cust was pretty much being given away for free by Oakland, only to be put on waivers, and then released before signing a MLC with Oakland. .273/.406/.453/.859 comming into tonight's game. Saying this cause he's one of the guys I wanted the sox to try and nab. Average is a surprise, but always had the OBP.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
I don't know about you guys and girls but I really think Oz will reach an agreement with Jerry that lets him go to Florida. I expect the rumors of his resignation to happen.

Why would you think that? BTW, I think the agreement would have to be between Jerry and Florida.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
Season aint over yet. I would like to see some sign that they will win another game. They've been stuck at 79 for quite some time.

They might finish 3rd.

Honestly, that would be fine with me, as it would be karmic justice for Ozzie Guillen alluding to the fact earlier this season that Jim Thome was the reason the Sox finished in 3rd place twice and 4th once.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 04:05 AM)
I'd kill for us to purge this team. I want to put this s*** behind us and let the Beckham/Rios era begin.

No offense, but they were starters all year when healthy.

The Beckham/Rios era is well underway.