NLDS: Phillies vs. Reds

Brian

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 06:14 PM)
Ignored? No. I'm just saying they're not the Yankees of the NL (not even close). Something that I've read a few times around here. And I'm not just talking Halladay. What about Lee and Oswalt? When you can get three pitchers of the caliber in a year you're system is pretty f***ing loaded. We had a higher payroll just two years ago. And like you said, you win, they'll come. We can't seem to put a consistent winner together for a number of reasons. Despite the fact that we've only had one non-great team, who until this year we had a higher payroll, in our division to deal with.

Well in that sense, the Cubs have been more like the Yankees of the NL, but with little success, LOL. The Phillies do remind me more of the Red Sox, who have been depending more on finding talent in their own system and paying them. I don't think the Sox were at $135 mil back in 08, but I'm not using the payroll excuse for a team like the Sox, cause they could probably get close to a similar level if their team performed better every year. I was just saying in general for the whole MLB, not many teams can maintain the same success level since they dont have the same payroll capabilites.

But whatever, time to watch Doc finish this off.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
He's always had that type of potential, the question is, can he put it together for a whole season?

And that's why I said potential. He's already arguably the best defensive RF in baseball. He went nuts with the bat the last 6 weeks of the regular season. And he's only 23.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
Stat gurus, did Joey Votto ever end up popping up on the infield this season?

Nope.