2010-2011 NBA Thread

Its not all on Rose, he has a coach who put him in these situations.

You are allowed to call plays from the bench and try and force other guys to get involved.

All things considered, Rose played well. If he played great they probably win at least 1 more game. But this was his first rodeo, hell have more.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
I know their defense does not compare to the Bulls, although I think I'd prefer Chandler over Noah at this point. But their offense is clicking and on fire. They have 5 guys who can easily put up 20 points, while the Bulls only had 3, and that s a huge difference. Plus, DRose got shut down by LeBron's height, that won't work on Dirk. It should be a good, exciting series. I don't want Cuban to win a title, but it's better than LeBron winning.

They do? Obviously Dirk and Terry, but who are the other 3? Marion is third on their team in scoring in the playoffs at 11.2.

Now they have some good shooters, so that gives them a big edge over what the Bulls have, but it's not like Kidd or Peja are going to be carrying them to a title.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:05 PM)
Like I said, I'm sure he will improve in that aspect and every other aspect of his game. My point is that I refuse to give him a pass because of his age in this situation. I really don't care that he's 22, he was downright pathetic down the stretch of these games, period.

Dude, the whole team sucked balls down the stretch. It wasn't all on him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
It's a lot worse for me. This is the most devastated I can ever remember feeling about a sports team.

agreed 100%... how many times can you say your team had the best record in the league, had the leagues MVP, and then lost to a team that was built in one offseason.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:06 PM)
Good. somebody should. Too bad we're stuck with him. :(

His scoring isn't enough to offset all his other deficiencies.

LOL 5 YEAR CONTRACT.

That's one thing that worries me. Boozer & Noah are signed for the next 4-5 years for around $120 million, and neither saw the court in the 4th quarter.

I'm not doubting Thibs decision, but you have to live with those deficiencies for the lengths of those contracts. If you cant trust them now with the season on the line, what happens as they get older?

Edited by LittleHurt05

Another thing I think that a lot of people are overlooking is that this team really never gelled offensively because of all the injuries during the regular season -- which carried over into the playoffs. Hopefully, Noah and Boozer (yeah right) stay healthy next year and the team develops a good rhythm on the offensive end.

Edited by IamtheHBOMB

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
They do? Obviously Dirk and Terry, but who are the other 3? Marion is third on their team in scoring in the playoffs at 11.2.

Now they have some good shooters, so that gives them a big edge over what the Bulls have, but it's not like Kidd or Peja are going to be carrying them to a title.

I may have presented it wrong, but it meant that they have more shooters. After the stars, the Bulls have Deng & Boozer. With Dallas, you have Terry/Kidd/Marion/Peja that can all hit shots if needed. The other Bulls showed they couldnt. And that doesnt count Barea.

It's a lot worse for me. This is the most devastated I can ever remember feeling about a sports team.

really? wow..this wasnt even the most devastating loss of the year for me. I know Rose was hte MVP and the bulls had the best record, but I certainly didnt expect the bulls to win this series. I was way more heartbroken when the bears lost. Hell even when the sox blew it down the stretch i was probably more disappointed. Im more frustrated now because I just absolutely cannot stand the Heat, and I was hopeful, but all the while you had to know this was going to be the likely outcome

QUOTE (IamtheHBOMB @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
Another thing I think that a lot of people are overlooking is that this team really never gelled offensively because of all the injuries during the regular season -- which carried over into the playoffs. Hopefully, Noah and Boozer (yeah right) stay healthy next year and the team develops a good rhythm on the offensive end.

Just like the rhythm Miller & Haslem were able to develop all season

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
I may have presented it wrong, but it meant that they have more shooters. After the stars, the Bulls have Deng & Boozer. With Dallas, you have Terry/Kidd/Marion/Peja that can all hit shots if needed. The other Bulls showed they couldnt. And that doesnt count Barea.

They're about 7 deep with guys that are at least some threat to score. That is one thing they definitely have over the Bulls.

However, they're also nowhere near as good defensively as the Bulls. None of Kidd, Terry, Peja and Barea are guys you want to put on Wade or Lebron, which limits their options. Marion and Stephenson aren't exactly lockdown guys either.

I'm not saying they have zero chance, I'd just pick Heat in 6.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say Dirk being Dirk wins in 6.

While Dallas is not the man to man defenders the Bulls are, I believe they will some times switch up to zone and force Miami to hit jump shots. Tyson Chandler and Dirk as your back line will help to force the game away from the basket.

QUOTE (Nokona @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
The NBA is the worst league in sports.

Can anyone honestly say they didn't see what was coming after the T on Gibson?

And yet the bulls were still up double figures in the 4th before they stopped running offense and Lebron showed why he is easily the games best player.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Nokona @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
The NBA is the worst league in sports.

Can anyone honestly say they didn't see what was coming after the T on Gibson?

That may have been the worse call I've ever seen.

Saying WOW and walking away from the refs earns a T nowadays? LeBron should be ejected from the league. So should Wade. So should Dwight. So should Boozer. So should a goddamn majority of the league.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
And yet the bulls were still up double figures in the 4th before they stopped running offense an Lebron showed why he is easily the games best player.

99, what do you think needs to happen for the Bulls to advance to the Finals next year?

The Bears losing to the Pack at home in the NFC Champ game easily kicks this one in the ass...

So some thoughts while I'm sitting on the train on my way home from the game:

1. Wow that was freaking painful.

2. Lebron is by far the best player in the game and lol at the people who thought he couldn't close.

3. The Bulls were better than I expected them to be this year so overall I'm not disappointed but what a brutal way to go out.

4. I hated the Carlos Boozer signing at the time and I hare it more now. He is unbelievably bad defensively and he struggles offensively against good defensive teams. I'm thrilled we have four more year of that s***.

5. Forgot to add that anyone who still thinks that the Heat are Wade's team and not Lebron's are freaking nuts. Wade just got carried into the NBA finals by Lebron, the job Bogans and Brewer did on Wade this series was remarkable.

As an aside I wish I'd love to find all my old posts ripping boozer and dreading him ending up on the Bulls. I f***ing hat everything about him as a player.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 26, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
No matter what, that 08 team never stood a chance to win a World Series imo, nor did I have as much fun watching them through out the season as I did this Bulls team. As far as professional sports go, this Bulls team was the most fun I've had watching one of my teams outside the 05 White Sox. I f***in loved this team and now I'm just absolutely devastated.

The reason I´m not so devastated is because I´m old enough to have seen Jordan´s struggles with the Celtics and Pistons before he rattled off 6 in 8 years...that was the greatest time to be a Chicago sports team fan...the GOAT playing for your team!

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 26, 2011 -> 11:57 PM)
The Bears losing to the Pack at home in the NFC Champ game easily kicks this one in the ass...

Maybe because I never believed in the Bears this season or because I hate this Miami team at least 20,000 times more than I hate the Packers, but this is so much worse.

There's a lot of things I can point to (basically we got screwed), but the Heat won. Whatever, I expected them to win. I totally expect the Heat to win the title and go on a run. That doesn't mean we can't counter. Front office is going to have to get creative, though.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 27, 2011 -> 12:04 AM)
Maybe because I never believed in the Bears this season or because I hate this Miami team at least 20,000 times more than I hate the Packers, but this is so much worse.

This.

Bulls need to get Iguodala or Howard.

f*** it. Get both. I'm sure its possible.

If you watched this game start to finish and think LeBron in the best player in the league you're out of your mind. Half the points he gets are just gift wrapped from the officials, and this amazing LeBron defense? When you cant be called for a foul it makes it pretty easy.

Bosh beat us, Wade killed us... and we lost again. This series, and all of LeBron pandering to the refs and all that BS just made it obvious he's really the 3rd best player on that team.