2010 NLCS: Giants vs. Phillies

Brian

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Bones @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
I am really looking forward to this. Hope the Giants offense can at least make a good series of this.

That's the one thing that worries me. The best offense in the NL put up a .124/.160/.213 line against that staff. Small sample size of course, and the Giants pitching staff can obviously keep the games close, should be interesting.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Game 1 is Saturday, October 16.

Lincecum vs. Halladay

This is what bothers me about the baseball playoffs. Why are we waiting until Saturday to play game 1? This is why the playoffs are stretched out until it's too cold for baseball. Why can't they start this on Wednesday, with the ALCS starting on Thursday. Even that is too much time between series in my book.

This much time between series also doesn't give you the true team. Do the teams play differently because they have so much rest? Better, or worse? Hotter or colder?

This also, I believe, causes less interest in the games because when almost a week goes by without baseball, people think that the season is over and then it's tough to get back into it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 06:34 PM)
Well, here we go.

Is it safe to say "first hit wins"?

The more I think about it the more I can't see how the hell the Giants are going to be able to score enough runs to make this series competitive. Anyway, tonight is a night even casual fans can cherish. Lincecum vs Halladay! Let the fun commence.

Edited by Jordan4life