2010 NLCS: Giants vs. Phillies

Brian

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
I never doubted the Giants pitching, but I did not think their bats would be able to put up 3-4 runs on both Halladay & Hamels. I figured the pitching could cancel out, while the Phillies bats would give them the advantage, but that has not been the case so far.

phillies offense ain't been right all year. I assumed it was all the injuries. But even at full strength they're still struggling.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
phillies offense ain't been right all year. I assumed it was all the injuries. But even at full strength they're still struggling.

I still can't believe they gave Ryan Howard all that money. Whenever I watch Howard, he seems to be an easy out.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)

While you're somewhat true that they haven't been 100% right all year...the Phillies still were #2 in the NL in runs scored, at 772 runs. For comparison, in 2008, they scored 799 runs (again for #2 in the NL). They've been worse in some ways and probably better in others to offeset that. With the leaguewide gradual decrease in offense, there isn't much of a change there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
I still can't believe they gave Ryan Howard all that money. Whenever I watch Howard, he seems to be an easy out.

Howard only put up an .859 OPS this year? Yowza. I didn't realize his power numbers had dropped off that badly.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 12:48 PM)
No doubt. It's hard to criticize anything the Phillies have done the last 5 years. But that extension still boggles the mind.

If the Phitin's go on to lose this series...does that resume the "Why in the world would you give up Cliff Lee" talk?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
While you're somewhat true that they haven't been 100% right all year...the Phillies still were #2 in the NL in runs scored, at 772 runs. For comparison, in 2008, they scored 799 runs (again for #2 in the NL). They've been worse in some ways and probably better in others to offeset that. With the leaguewide gradual decrease in offense, there isn't much of a change there.

good stuff. Didn't realize they finished second. Figured the brewers or dbacks had scored more. But their offense has been pretty dead all playoffs.

For all the talk about the Phillies H20 rotation, now it all comes down to each of those 3 guys, win or go home. (Never mind that their offense has to deal with just as formidable of a trio in Lincecum, Sanchez, Cain).

Gotta love our boy Uribe with the bat flip on a sac fly.

Love that Uribe got to be the hero.

Obviously the Giants have a huge advantage at this point, but I think that advantage becomes even bigger because of Lincecum's attitude. He doesn't seem to be a guy who would let the importance of this game get to his head. With his team up 3-1 in the series, I think he goes out there tonight with a very relaxed attitude and just dominates because he knows that he doesn't have to be perfect.

And I'd love to see Halladay get rocked. I like the guy and all, but I love to see teams' big acquisitions go down in flames when they're needed the most.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 21, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
Love that Uribe got to be the hero.

Obviously the Giants have a huge advantage at this point, but I think that advantage becomes even bigger because of Lincecum's attitude. He doesn't seem to be a guy who would let the importance of this game get to his head. With his team up 3-1 in the series, I think he goes out there tonight with a very relaxed attitude and just dominates because he knows that he doesn't have to be perfect.

And I'd love to see Halladay get rocked. I like the guy and all, but I love to see teams' big acquisitions go down in flames when they're needed the most.

Perhaps I was wrong about Lincecum. He's pissing all over himself.