Bears versus Packers game thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
Cutler quit...p****

I love the amazing strength and courage people have sitting on their couch. You probably have a great story on how you managed to get all the way to the fridge after you banged your knee into the table. Clearly thats comparable.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
Especially after a big play and youre about 50 yards away from making it a one score game.

People want to bag on players like Favre but I'll take a player like that over someone who flat out quits.

You r damn right sir...

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
I love the amazing strength and courage people have sitting on their couch. You probably have a great story on how you managed to get all the way to the fridge after you banged your knee into the table. Clearly thats comparable.

I'm sorry, but it's the NFL. You have quarterbacks playing months with stress fractures, ligament tears, etc. In the biggest game of your career, you ask to come out of the game cause of a knee injury but you're able to walk on the sideline?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
ALL momentum was lost after the Urlacher pick when Collins walked on the field. Unbelievable.

Actually, the momentum was lost when Urlacher's velocity went from moving in the horizontal direction to moving in the vertical direction towards the ground.

Both in the physics sense and in the emotional sense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
I'm sorry, but it's the NFL. You have quarterbacks playing months with stress fractures, ligament tears, etc. In the biggest game of your career, you ask to come out of the game cause of a knee injury but you're able to walk on the sideline?

You are going with the assumption that Cutler said take me out and that Lovie and the staff didnt just take him out. This is a guy who has been particularly tough and durable. The last time there was outrage about Cutler being a p**** he had a concussion.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
You are going with the assumption that Cutler said take me out and that Lovie and the staff didnt just take him out. This is a guy who has been particularly tough and durable. The last time there was outrage about Cutler being a p**** he had a concussion.

Sounds good in theory, but the sideline tweets don't sound this way at all.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)

There's not a chance in hell, IMO, that the decision was anyone's but Cutler.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
Is it possible that Hanie is in that 3rd QB spot, where the only way he can come into the game is if both other QB's are lost but the team gets an extra roster spot for the game?

Yep, I believe that's true...in any case, still no excuse for Collins to be in the #2 spot.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
Jones-Drew tweet:

"Hey I think the urban meyer rule is effect right now... When the going gets tough........QUIT."

Even professional football players are saying he quit, not just the average fan.

I don't care as much about what other players are saying outside of the stadium, but when the sideline reports have Cutler telling his teammates "I'm done", that bothers me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
Is it possible that Hanie is in that 3rd QB spot, where the only way he can come into the game is if both other QB's are lost but the team gets an extra roster spot for the game?

I do believe that's true. It still doesn't make sense from a depth chart perspective unless Collins performed his ass off in practice.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
I don't care as much about what other players are saying outside of the stadium, but when the sideline reports have Cutler telling his teammates "I'm done", that bothers me.

See ya Cutler...Cutler better bribe the team doctors to make it sound like he has the worst knee injury of all time.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 23, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)

Go watch gymnastics, this is the NFL