*Official* Work Out Thread

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 01:23 PM)
Each on of those people has a pretty well documented transformation story. Its not like they got fat then fit to be in the videos.

Some of them are fine, but others are just annoying to me.

And there is only one Pam the Blam.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 09:21 AM)
My friend is into this stuff, but I find it too unsafe to bother with. It'd be fine if it was people in mostly decent shape/athletic, but it's not, it's filled with people that shouldn't be there, and they tend to cause accidents and take others down with them. People ALWAYS get hurt at these events in mass numbers, and usually because some out of shape frat "bro" idiot causes a catastrophe. It's bad enough with the course conditions being varied and constantly changing because of weather, but those people make it worse.

yeah but now that I have $54/month Obamacare I don't have to worry about that!

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
Some of them are fine, but others are just annoying to me.

And there is only one Pam the Blam.

I think for the most part they are pretty inspirational. Most if not all of the folks on the video were normal schlubs at one point and made themselves into people that are so fit it annoys you. Thats pretty incredible.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
I think for the most part they are pretty inspirational. Most if not all of the folks on the video were normal schlubs at one point and made themselves into people that are so fit it annoys you. Thats pretty incredible.

This is the part I don't buy. I think most of these people are manufactured pros, while a few of them may have done something incredible even they were afforded extraordinary means to do so. I could be in perfect shape too if I didn't have to worry about my job/family for 6 months.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)
This is the part I don't buy. I think most of these people are manufactured pros, while a few of them may have done something incredible even they were afforded extraordinary means to do so. I could be in perfect shape too if I didn't have to worry about my job/family for 6 months.

You can look a majority of them up. Unless they got fat for the show, I believe the transformation.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 11:15 AM)

You realize you have literally zero backing up this reaction right? It's purely manufactured on YOUR part. lol

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 10:25 AM)
You realize you have literally zero backing up this reaction right? It's purely manufactured on YOUR part. lol

The person I'm talking about in specific is that Stephanie girl from Pilates/Yoga, she's just TOO perfect at every single move they perform.

Ok, looked it up -- she IS a pro.

So much for me having literally zero backing. :P

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
You can look a majority of them up. Unless they got fat for the show, I believe the transformation.

Early on I had an easier time believing it, but now that Beachbody is like a massive corporation complete with a pyramid scheme, I think a lot of this has become manufactured.

In the original P90X videos, people like Pam the Blam were what I considered "regular people", in decent shape, able to do the workouts (just like us), but not above and beyond -- such as the dancer/prancer people he also had on the original P90X, who's job is to basically be in shape.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 10:32 AM)
The person I'm talking about in specific is that Stephanie girl from Pilates/Yoga, she's just TOO perfect at every single move they perform.

Well, a lot of them are in the test group or helped him build the routine. By your 90th day you will be a lot better.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)
Early on I had an easier time believing it, but now that Beachbody is like a massive corporation complete with a pyramid scheme, I think a lot of this has become manufactured.

In the original P90X videos, people like Pam the Blam were what I considered "regular people", in decent shape, able to do the workouts (just like us), but not above and beyond -- such as the dancer/prancer people he also had on the original P90X, who's job is to basically be in shape.

Check out the test group for 90x3. The Asian guy they have in a few of them was a fat tub O goo.

I actually routinely youtube success stories to keep me motivated because I see stories that I know are real and they really hit home with me. Soccer moms, overworked men, people who have just gotten lazy. Everyone has a chance to do SOMETHING to turn themselves around. I love it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
I actually routinely youtube success stories to keep me motivated because I see stories that I know are real and they really hit home with me. Soccer moms, overworked men, people who have just gotten lazy. Everyone has a chance to do SOMETHING to turn themselves around. I love it.

I agree completely, and I'm not saying everyone of them is a pro, but there are standouts that are, and it's those that I find annoying. I mean, I don't find the actual people annoying, I find that using them for videos of this sort is annoying. For the most part, I can do these workouts from start to finish without a problem, but others that are just starting out that AREN'T in shape, at all...it's pretty intimidating watching pros perform a move you aren't even close to being able to perform.

I wish they'd ONLY use regular people, even people in their special little test-group, and not professionals. Tony is the only pro that needs to be there. I find it more motivating watching a regular person that got into shape versus watching a person that's paid to be in shape 24/7/365. If it was my job to be in shape, it'd be pretty easy to do so. ;)

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 11:32 AM)

Ok, looked it up -- she IS a pro.

So much for me having literally zero backing. :P

lol if you'd said that right off the bat I could've told you Stephanie Saunders has worked for Beachbody for like 10 years.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
I agree completely, and I'm not saying everyone of them is a pro, but there are standouts that are, and it's those that I find annoying. I mean, I don't find the actual people annoying, I find that using them for videos of this sort is annoying. For the most part, I can do these workouts from start to finish without a problem, but others that are just starting out that AREN'T in shape, at all...it's pretty intimidating watching pros perform a move you aren't even close to being able to perform.

I wish they'd ONLY use regular people, even people in their special little test-group, and not professionals. Tony is the only pro that needs to be there. I find it more motivating watching a regular person that got into shape versus watching a person that's paid to be in shape 24/7/365. If it was my job to be in shape, it'd be pretty easy to do so. ;)

so much whining.

just watch everyone not named Stephanie then. lol

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 11:03 AM)
lol if you'd said that right off the bat I could've told you Stephanie Saunders has worked for Beachbody for like 10 years.

She was a pro long before Beach Body, she has like 90 fitness certifications and was a dancer.